We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Runaway Bay

Leavenworth...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Runaway Bay

My fiance and I are looking at options for a honeymoon in November. One of the hotel options our TA has presented to us is at the Club Caribbean. I guess I should ask which place would be best for a honeymoon, Runaway Bay or Montego Bay?

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Runaway Bay

I'm not beauty....but yes most of the cottages are in decent shape. The grounds are nice. It's not a 5 star nor is it priced that way. But it's a nice spot ...I liked it alot. Espec the cottages. Enjoy

Bedford, England
Level Contributor
463 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Runaway Bay

Hi Phis

As 'with respect' says the cottages are in good condition and the grounds are stunning, I have them in my video which is online at www.travelpod.com/members/bb27, you can see the outside of the cottage on there and the grounds.

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Runaway Bay

phishgozzy,

The cabins are a cool idea at RDCC and I'm sure when they were built they were awesome. We were at RDCC last April and my only complaint was that the cabins were in major need of updating. Our cabin had HUGE gaps around the windows, airconditioner, etc. Our first night there we were literally swarmed with bugs. Luckily, I had thought to bring some painter's tape for just such a problem and was able to seal up the gaps. We're used to Jamiaca, and I'm not just being squeamish about bugs...there were hundreds flying around!! Friends that we were with had a problem with their toilet plugging EVERY day...they'd come and plunge it, but nothing was ever done to fix the problem. Much to my chagrin, our friends resorted to using their bathroom only for "number one" and coming to our cabin for "number two"...lovely to be woken up at 7 am for...lol

Anyway...RDCC is a cool resort with a lot going for it, but I don't know about for a honeymoon. We'd consider going again, but we'd definitely book a suite instead of a cabin.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Runaway Bay

I think the issue is some are privately owned, some are time share...so not every one of the cottages are the same. IRIE

Bedford, England
Level Contributor
463 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Runaway Bay

Thats true withrespect, and so are some of the suites privately owned, i'm looking into buying one of them myself!

16. Re: Runaway Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 10:25