We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another JRB room question

8 posts
Save Topic
Another JRB room question

Hi! Thank you in advance for your reply. We are to 2 families booked 5/2-5/9 in 2 premier guest rooms. After reabeachding some reviews ( and looking at tripadvisor pics) that the premier rooms are older, we are thinking of upgrading our rooms to perhaps the plunge pool junior suite rooms. I also just found out that May is an extremely rainy month and we could possibly use our rooms for more than sleeping?? Unfortunately, our dates are not flexible. The other family we're traveling with is in law enforcement and can't schedule vacation from Memorial Day to Labor Day. My question to those who have been before, is the upgrade worth the extra money? Is there a major difference between the two rooms? We usually only use our room to sleep. Enjoying the beach all day. Since finding out May is very rainy, I'm more than a little nervous we may be in our room more than usual and don't want say I should have upgraded before we left. Thanks again!

7 replies to this topic
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another JRB room question

The age of the rooms are exactly the same as they're all in the same buildings. The plunge pool rooms are a bit bigger than the premium rooms, slightly larger patio area and are all garden facing.

Whilst May is one of two rainy 'seasons' in Jamaica, and this year was worse than usual, you are going quite early in the month. Even if it rains, there are plenty of areas to be in as opposed to having to sit in your room all day. Generally it's still warm, you can still use the waterpark etc, or go and sit in the lobby area. In Jamaica, rain does not stop play :)

ohio
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another JRB room question

Two years ago my family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids - 10 and 9) booked a plunge pool room. We requested a king bed and they brought in two single beds for the kids. This set-up worked perfectly since the rooms were bigger than a premier room. Regarding your question on whether a plunge pool is worth it...this is subjective, but we thought it was!!! So much so that we are booked again this June 2018 for the same type of room with a plunge pool. We used that area every day. The plunge pool and patio was secluded and provided a nice break from the pools (a bit shady...was so nice). Since we were at the pools by 8:30am every morning until 3:30pm, we would head back to our plunge pool for a bit. This allowed everyone to wind down and get ready for the evening at their own pace (i.e. kids and I swam in the plunge pool while wife got ready - we weren't in her way).

USA
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Another JRB room question

If you can afford the turquoise building, oceanfront junior suite rooms with or without the plunge pool they are definitely the way to go.

USA
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Another JRB room question

If you can afford the turquoise building, oceanfront junior suite rooms with or without the plunge pool they are definitely the way to go.

Powhatan, VA
Level Contributor
424 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another JRB room question

Last time there, we had 2 standard rooms. Nice rooms, nothing fancy. Water park is great. I would dwell personally on the room choice. The year prior we all stayed in one room, definitely 2 rooms was the way to go. We're only sleeping and changing in the room, so not a priority to us.

Go enjoy and save your money on the upgrade unless it is really important to you. I personally would hate a plunge pool room, because everyone walking by looks right into your pool and room. ew

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another JRB room question

I have stayed in a few types of rooms at JRB and the regular rooms are fine. The plunge pool rooms have about a 5 foot extension in the room but it's set up strange so that it's not really usable space other than to walk through, grab a cold beer out of the fridge, and store your luggage. But, sine it's more room it makes the room feel less cramped. Plus the pool ares is large and nice for hanging out.

It rained a lot when we last visited and we never stayed in the room. Everything is covered so walking to the lobby, buffet, bar is safe from getting wet. We took part in some of the trivia games at the beach bar while it was pouring and had a fun time, even my young daughter had fun!

pa
Level Contributor
368 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another JRB room question

We traveled to Jamaica and stayed at Jewel the 1st week of June 2 yrs ago and had over cast every day and a little rain a few times in the week But we all came home with the nicest tans ever.

Reply to: Another JRB room question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Runaway Bay
Recent Conversations