We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JRB confirmed

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
75 reviews
JRB confirmed

JRB, Rumors, rumors! Can it be true or am I "Havana Daydreaming"? Is Jewel Runaway Bay (???) about to lose their Commander and chief? Their Big Kahuna, The man from Joisey, Their "you just got schooled" professor? Say it ain't so that our favorite General Manager is getting some "Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes". Will he be wishing "Jamaica Farewell"? Heading for that "One Particular Harbor"? Could this be a "Jamaica Mistaica"? Or, could this be a "Semi true story"? "Only Time will Tell".

Well after all, he is and always will be the "King of Somewhere Hot"! But maybe to many years of "Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season" has him looking forward to those "Ragtop Days". Whether he'll be searching for that "Last Mango in Paris", Heading to the "Coast of Carolina", Going to "Dukes on Sunday" since it's "Five O'clock Somewhere", and relaxing with a few "Boat Drinks", or to the "Far side of the World" we will wish him well if this is true.

Who knows for sure what's happening? Well, the "Wino and I know"! Hopefully wherever you land will not be full of "Fruitcakes", "Volcano's", or "Gravity Storms". And don't forget to apply for your "Licence to Chill" when you settle in and "Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on".

If it is true that we are losing "The Captain and the Kid (and his Wife), and we will not see you "Manana", or you'll be wasting away again in Margaritaville, it certainly has been a "Lovely Cruise". "FINS" up!

Well, whatever happens "Come Monday" Please promise to stay in touch via the "Coconut Telegraph"!

24 replies to this topic
Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,977 posts
31 reviews
1. Re: JRB confirmed

Make no mistaka eventually one day I will be back as Jamaica is my home. But yes I am Orlando bound next month looking for that lost shaker of salt in a very large and new complex. I will certainly stay in touch on the Cocotellall telegraph to pass on any information that I know about the best staffed resorts in Jamaica.

Scott from JRB/JPC

Edited: 05 February 2018, 15:34
roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
9,986 posts
1 review
2. Re: JRB confirmed

Good vibes on your next journey Scott! I'm sure your JRB fans will miss you!

It's been nice learning inside tips from you! Not many resort managers

PEACE!

Pittsburgh...
8 posts
1 review
3. Re: JRB confirmed

Bummed to hear this but....great luck on your new venture. Will be in Orlando in June....

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
158 reviews
4. Re: JRB confirmed

Oh my, certainly will miss you in November. you will have to let me know who to bug since you won't be there!

I travel often to FL so you will have to let me know where you will be so I can harass you there, lol!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
13,351 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: JRB confirmed

I would guess that the Hilton Double Tree Orlando which is owned by Sagicor, a Jamaican financial company that expanded (successfully) into resorts.

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
75 reviews
6. Re: JRB confirmed

OR, the new Margaritaville resort in Orlando opening later this year.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: JRB confirmed

Yep, maybe the brand new 200,000 sq ft Margaritaville complex, opening in Nov 2018:)

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,977 posts
31 reviews
8. Re: JRB confirmed

I am going to do my very best to open it by November Dawn. I am going to see it early next week for the first time. thank you all for your very kind words. it has been an incredible ride over the past 8 years with Jewel Resorts and as Jimmy Buffet said to me when I left M-Ville years ago " When opportunity knocks, open the damn door". I have made a lot of friends at the resorts and on this site and hopefully a lot of you will also eventually come over to the Orlando Forum when I start and have the same fun that we had on this one.

Thanks again. Last day is March 10th.

Scott

Toronto, Canada
1 post
9. Re: JRB confirmed

Sorry to hear you are leaving Scott.. I was looking forward to meeting you when me and my family come down in April. I have been following your posts here for a while now. Could you let me know who I could contact after you leave to look into some room requests? I.e connecting rooms and locations

Thanks and good luck

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,977 posts
31 reviews
10. Re: JRB confirmed

thanks HBsfan9,

For JRB

sherefa.brown@jewelresorts.com is our front office manager and

Patrick.bryan@jewelresorts.com is our hotel manager