We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Mobay construction????????

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Level Contributor
254 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sandals Mobay construction????????

We are going to Mobay the first week in November and staying in the Palms block. When we booked our trip the TA was in touch with SMB and was told that there is no construction planed for November. This was a concern since 2 of the restaurants were closed when we were there last year. I am now reading reviews that the Palm & Seagrape blocks are closed for renevations. I would like to know if anyone has been down to SMB in the last week or two and is this construction still going on. I would like to postpone our trip if they are doing alot of work to the block we are staying in. I am in construction and I don't wish to hear it on vacation. (LOL) Thanks for any info.

nova scotia
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Mobay construction????????

I know SMB is adding swimup suites and believe this will be ongoing for another few months or so; may explain why those blocks are closed (unless just due to low occupancy)... have your TA (who has earned commission from you for this booking) do their job and find out the skinny for you... good luck!

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,862 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Mobay construction????????

hpeterkin@smb.sandals.com

Horace Peterkin is the GM. Drop him a line and hear it straight from the Horace's mouth.

He's pretty good about responding in a few days.

new jersey
Level Contributor
254 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Mobay construction????????

My TA has contacted SMB by phone and was told it was minor construction being done. The reviews say that jack hammers are involved so that is not minor(LOL). TA sent off another e-mail to Horrace for an answer. So if anyone has just returned with first hand knowledge I would appreciate the info. THANKS.

4. Re: Sandals Mobay construction????????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2007, 18:12
WI
Level Contributor
377 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Mobay construction????????

Wishin,

Check the MoBay forum. There is some new info on SMB construction projects. My "source" @ SMB confirms no construction in the Sea Grapes block. Will be at SMB 11/9-16. Usually on the 10am snorkel trip, maybe I'll see ya there!

Dave

6. Re: Sandals Mobay construction????????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 10:27