We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breezes Runaway Bay and the Renonvations

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
boston
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
Breezes Runaway Bay and the Renonvations

Can anyone tell me what was done and how m uch better it has made it??

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay and the Renonvations

We too haven't been since the renovations, but I can tell you they removed the nude beach and replaced it with a block of oceanfront rooms.

Between the 1000 and 2000 room blocks near the ocean, they added an infinity pool and swim-up bar.

The changed Martino's to Pastafari, got rid of the jerk shack on the beach and added the Reggae Cafe, added Munasan Japanese, Starlight Grill is still there. They changed the lobby and added all new furniture there.

Not sure about the old rooms, I think they updated bathrooms and added plasma screens in all. Some added plunge pools out by the patio area.

JamaicaSteve returned recently and posted a link to a bunch of photos.

We loved the old BRB and can't wait to see the new!

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay and the Renonvations

Here's a link to the photos:

community.webshots.com/user/jamaicasteve

Temperance, Michigan
Level Contributor
260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay and the Renonvations

We returned last winter after the renovations and loved everything they did to improve the resort. We leave this Saturday for our 10th time, cannot wait!

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
226 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay and the Renonvations

tc2005

Here are some photos posted by Jamaicasteve after the reonovations:

community.webshots.com/user/jamaicasteve

And if you click on my name and then on photos, you will see more of the renovation photos and some of Starfish.

jt

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
226 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay and the Renonvations

Ooops! I see mka68 already posted Jamaicasteve's photo site.

jt

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
73 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay and the Renonvations

We went for our first time to Breezes (and Jamaica) in Jan. We're already planning for our return trip in Jan. 09! I loved the Infinity Pool, as did so many other people. That's really the only place where you might want to get your chair early on in the day. Wish I were there right now with my rum runner!

7. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay and the Renonvations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 00:19