We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewellers In Ocho Rios?

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
24 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Jewellers In Ocho Rios?

Hi guys.

Does anyone know if there are any jewellery shops in Jamaica (preferably Ocho Rios or near by) that might sell Diamond/Engagement rings?

If so what are prices like and is the quality any good?

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,739 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewellers In Ocho Rios?

taj mahal for upscale jewel shopping... not sure what the prices are but I was in a shop the last month and saw some really pretty stuff... it's def the "nicest" shopping experience in the area... i'm sure others can recommend something cheaper..

I'd personally be very cautious purchasing items like this on vacation (anywhere)

Chelle

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,767 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewellers In Ocho Rios?

I did see some beautiful Jewelry stores - But, I thought the prices were very high - higher than I would pay at home.

IA
Level Contributor
879 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jewellers In Ocho Rios?

Plenty of jewelry stores in ocho rios. do not pay over half of price listed. Take the free drinks they offer waste a little time and start walking out the price gets better. dont act overly interested as the price will move more slowly. I purchased some tanzanite items for a good price.

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
24 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jewellers In Ocho Rios?

I will certainly be cautious when buying such items.

As the UK is fairly expensive for absolutly anything, I was hoping Jamaica would be cheaper thank the UK like the US is.

Thank you for all the info!

Bolton
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jewellers In Ocho Rios?

I second Taj Mahal complex in Ocho for the jewellery although I too found it quite expensive but they do have some wonderful items on display - t'other half was having palpitations and hot sweats as soon as I approached one of the shops!!!!! and I was only looking lol

Have fun

Michelle xxx

6. Re: Jewellers In Ocho Rios?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 15:17