We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

clothes, what to bring?

St. Louis
3 posts
Save Topic
clothes, what to bring?

At home jeans and a cute top is great, but jeans are hot.....what's the temp like at night??

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: clothes, what to bring?

Pretty warm. I'd say in the upper 70's low 80's depending on the night. I always wear shorts but I've seen people wear khakis or jeans at night.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,498 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: clothes, what to bring?

It depends on the time of year too. If you are going before January you won't need anything long & definitely not jeans. In January/February sometimes the evenings can get a little cooler from onshore breezes pushing down from the north so bringing a light coverup might be a good plan.

Durango, Colorado
Level Contributor
749 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: clothes, what to bring?

Cute dresses, short, or long light & flowy & skirts & sandals (strappy high heels if your so incluned) for night. It can get warm in restaurants.

Happy Travels

KNK

Mo Bay
Level Contributor
113 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: clothes, what to bring?

Again, it depends when you're going. Temperatures in the evening are dropping now to the point that lightweight long sleeved tops aren't too hot. I live in jeans - but then again I live here so only really feel the heat July/August!

Breathable fabrics are your best bet. And mosquito repellent - because if they like you they'll eat you particularly after heavy rains like those we've been experiencing this past week.

Hemet, California
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: clothes, what to bring?

This also depends on your tolerance of heat or cold.

I get cold at 70 degrees, so this time of year I pack warmer clothing. I wear caprice jeans year round even though I live in the desert.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: clothes, what to bring?

I always bring a pair of jeans and a long skirt (along with most everything else in my closet lol) I find sometimes the air con in the restaurants can be chilly.

7. Re: clothes, what to bring?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 11:25
Get answers to your questions about Runaway Bay