We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Running in Runaway Bay

Maldon, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Running in Runaway Bay

I am due in Runaway Bay 3 weeks today.

I am training for a Marathon at the moment and would like to continue the training whilst on Holiday. I will be staying at the RDCC. Is there good tracks or safe roads to run on early in the morning whilst there. I'm guessing that I would be doing about an hour at 6.30am assuming it's not too hot at that time.

Grateful for any advice.

Thanks

Bob

Chukka Caribbean Adventures
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Julious Tours Jamaica
River Rafting & Tubing, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Pablo Tours Jamaica
Eco Tours, City Tours
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Running in Runaway Bay

No tracks, but fine to run on the Pathway along the highway - seen many people runningout there 6.30am i think would be a good time :)

Ottawa Ontario
Level Contributor
135 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Running in Runaway Bay

There is a sidewalk along the main road but I chose to use the treadmill to do my training.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Running in Runaway Bay

hey:

The way the Jamaicans drive you might be better off using a treadmill.

If you don't like the treadmill than just be careful, there is a path along the side of the road you can use.

Taly

Maldon, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Running in Runaway Bay

I assume there are roads other than the main road?

Do these have pavements (sidewalks)?

Vermont
Level Contributor
517 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Running in Runaway Bay

Definitely be very careful if you go running on the roads.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
58 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Running in Runaway Bay

There will be other runners and even cyclists on the main road. I'd go out by 6 AM to miss the traffic.

I also run on Sandal's golf course in Ocho Rios, maybe you can do the same on Breezes' course. Not sure if they allow it, but it's better on the knees anyway.

Mentioned in this post
Ocho Rios
Ocho Rios
Jamaica
Temperance, Michigan
Level Contributor
260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Running in Runaway Bay

I have been going to Breezes Runaway Bay for years and have a number of great places to run. If you want a flat run you can head east out of Runaway Bay along the main road. There is a large paved berm along the road that I have run up to 14 miles on. Make sure you run facing traffic. I also enjoy running up in the hills behind the Breezes Runaway golf course. Great places to run with great views but can be very hilly. I always enjoy running in the country side and hearing all of the positive support from the locals! Ya mon lookin good! Wish I was heading their in 3 weeks, I have 9 weeks before my next trip back to Jamaica.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
dedham, ma
Level Contributor
230 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Running in Runaway Bay

I have run in the hills opposite the Franklyn D...Donovan the fitness trainer there takes a group out every am...the earlier you go the better...by 8 am it is way too hot. I have also run alone up in the hills and have felt safe...good luck.

9. Re: Running in Runaway Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 10:19