We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breezes Runaway Bay Question

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Breezes Runaway Bay Question

Hi all,

I am considering this resort for a two week stay from July 27-July 11.

I was wondering what peoples opinions are about this resort. Do you think we'd get bored staying there for two weeks? Do you think there is enough food choices to not get bored? Ive stayed at Sandals Grande Ocho Rios and Aventura Spa Palace (Mexico) and loved them both. I want a classy resort thats affordable with plenty to do so we wont get bored. I dont know that I could have taken 2 weeks at Sandals, but easily stayed two weeks at Aventura. So basically Im concerned about being bored with the food and not enough to do. What do you think?

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Question

Greetings to you, I've been to Breezes Runaway Bay 5 times now and I can't imagine ever getting bored there! It's a fabulous resort and there's always something going on... several dining choices and if you find yourself needing more, you also have free access to Hedo III just down the road, so you can enjoy two resorts for the price of one!

Blessings and respect, enjoy!

Steve

Temperance, Michigan
Level Contributor
260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Question

I have stayed at BRB many times for a week and have always wished for a longer stay! I think you would find BRB an excellent choice for a two week vacation.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
907 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Question

I think you will like BRB. I've been to the other 2 resorts you mentioned (I couldn't have done 2 weeks at SGOR either). Aventura definitely has more restaurant choices than BRB and BRB is of course not as large but there is still plenty to do. In addition to the usual beach activities/water sports, they also have the circus school which is kind of cool. Plus it's close enough to many of the major excursions/tours so you would have time to do off-site activities.

Vermont
Level Contributor
517 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Question

Well, I've been to Breezes Runaway Bay twelve times now, the longest visit was for 10 nights, and I keep going back. So I know for sure that I could spend two weeks there, no problem mon! ;o) I've met people who have stayed longer than 2 weeks and had a great time from what I understand.

Will you get bored with the food? I don't know. I don't, and I do get bored with the food at home so go figure. I think with 4 restaurant options besides the buffet you'll probably be fine.

There's a lot to do at Breezes, and with two weeks time you'll probably want to get off the resort a couple times to check out the local sights ~ there's so much to see and do in Ja.

Personally, I say go for it and have a great time! If I could go for a two week visit I would in a heartbeat.............. ;o) I'm heading back next month and can't wait!!!

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
311 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Question

I think you could easily stay two weeks. I can tell you we got married at BRB last year... and it was the best experience of my life. I never wanted to leave!

I'm currently waiting for a call from the hubby to find out if the boss approves his vacation! We are going back for our 1 year anniversary from Mar 20th-26th!

It's not a snooty or snobby place... so if you are looking for the ritz carlton, this isn't it... but all the restaurants are great and the buffet is good as well!

I hope this was helpful for you!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Question

We really missed the Atmosphere of Jamaica when we were in Mexico. Dont get me wrong, we loved Mexico too....but we missed the reggae music and the "yah mons." My biggest concern here is getting bored with only 4 restaurants. Did you say the buffet makes it 5? Thats not quite as bad. But we're used to staying at places with 7 or 8 restaurants. So I worry. Especially for two weeks. We stayed at ASP last year for two weeks and the food got boring to me. I was getting tired of it.

Is room service free? Because that would make a 6th option for food, plus the two themed nights would make 8 choices in all depending on the day. So it could work. We're also considering going to Excellence in Punta Cana...but we cant make up our minds.

Temperance, Michigan
Level Contributor
260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Question

4 restaurants if you count the Reggae Cafe (I think they close in the early evening), plus the buffet equals 5 options. No room service.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Question

Thats right room service is breakfast only.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
311 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Question

no no.. 5 including the buffet. Pastafari, Starlight Grill, Munasan, the buffet, and the Reggae Cafe!

I did read that they now how a continental breakfast room service if you want that now.

Maryland
Level Contributor
60 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Question

You will not be disappointed with BRB. I went last June with my daughter, 20, sister 28 and another a friend who is 22. We had a BLAST!!!!! In addition to your choice of restaurants there is a beach party one night and then they set up a buffet on a different nite out by the main pool. I think you will we fine. If you are going to stay for 2 weeks that would be a great opportunity to also do a couple of excursions. I have visited Jamaica several times and I have to say that BRB is definately one of my favorite resorts. The entertain staff only is definetly worth the visit. Crazy Chris is a show in and of himself. In addition to their theme nights, PJ, Toga, etc, on Tuesday afternoon they have goat races that is so much fun!!!!!

You have to go to BRB I promise you will NOT be disappointed!!! :)