We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RDCC - Rooms/Cottages/Suites???

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gloucester, UK
3 posts
Save Topic
RDCC - Rooms/Cottages/Suites???

Hi there,

Just booked to stay at the RDCC for Christmas and New Year, so excited....

But i have received my confirmation in the post and this states:

'Hotel, Three-bedded room plus Top & Tail (in an existing bed), Bath or Shower, WC, Balcony/Terrace'

What sort of accommodation do you think this will be???

Also how much money would 2 of us need to do the following trips:

Bob Marley Museum

Dolphin Swim

Dunns River

Black River Safari

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RDCC - Rooms/Cottages/Suites???

We are going there also for Christmas, not New Year, booked a cottage through Virgin holidays, when comfirmation paperwork arrived it stated we were booked at the Montego Bay resort not RCDD. Good job that I booked through a travel agent as they sorted it out for me.

We booked to stay in a rondavel-style cottage, no mention of turn down service for us so maybe you have an upgrade.

When are you going out to Jamaica for Christmas??

Gloucester, UK
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: RDCC - Rooms/Cottages/Suites???

Thanks stluciafriend,

I have emailed Thomas Cook and awaiting a reply regarding the room situation, so we will wait and see!

We fly out on Dec 21st, just in time for Christmas, can't wait.

kent
Level Contributor
845 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RDCC - Rooms/Cottages/Suites???

Hi,

We have booked for next April and are staying in a Garden Cottage and it states in the Paperwork it sleeps 3.

SQ7

Gloucester, UK
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: RDCC - Rooms/Cottages/Suites???

Here is the feedback i got from Thomas Cook customer services:

"I have checked on this for and I will quote from the brochure that you have booked from, it states Accommodation

Cottages sleeping up to 3 adults have king size bed and single sofa bed and air-conditioning, TV, telephone and bathroom or shower room. Rooms can take an extra bed if required.

As advised this is the only room type that we have, hotel only give tour operators blocks of rooms to sell."

So it looks like we have a cottage and if you book through Thomas Cook that is the only accommodation you will receive!

Hope this may help others.

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RDCC - Rooms/Cottages/Suites???

Hiya Ben - we are also due to visit RDCC in November and when we booked with TC We also received the invoice stating hotel room three bedded - When I went back to the Travel Agent - she rang TC and they confirmed that it was in fact the Garden Cottages I had requested min occ 1 - max occ - 3.

So I should imagine yours will be the cottages requested.

As far as trips are concerned. We did the dolphin experience and booked via Pauline at the shop outside $200.00 for the full experience - saved $15 and her friend Noel took us there and collected us.

We also did Bob Marley tour again using Noel for the full day, Bob Marley Museum/tour was $15.00 at the door.

Didn't do dunns river climb but met people who had done this trip and said it was much better visiting yourself early in the morning and doing the climb yourself as for price - i'm unsure.

Hope this helps.

Happy Holidays.

Wigan
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RDCC - Rooms/Cottages/Suites???

Hi

We have booked to stay here from 27th Dec for 14 nights through TC and were told that we were in the cottages - bit worried after reading a review onhere in which they said they were in rooms above the staff quarters - hope TC dont get those rooms as well!

Dont think they are full yet tho as i recently did a price check on our holiday having booked it back in March

so cant wait!!!

7. Re: RDCC - Rooms/Cottages/Suites???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2009, 05:20