We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA flights from UK to Mo Bay

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
BA flights from UK to Mo Bay

Just for info, anyone planning future trip to JA, may be interested to know (if you don't already)that BA will start flying direct from Gatwick to MoBay from Nov 2009. Twice weekly flights on a Thursday & Saturday.

Just checked flights for next spring & they're working out quite cheap (£602 return).

Happy flying ....

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA flights from UK to Mo Bay

Dawn: shop around, £602 seems high. I have a quote of £552 with British Airways. That is for Manchester - Gatwick - Kingston, return same route. Depart mid September, return mid December. If I was flying from Gatwick, instead of Manchester, I guesss the fare would be around £500, perhaps less.

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA flights from UK to Mo Bay

Dawn: This is where my quote came from, including estimated tax: http://www.skyscanner.net/

The quote was £276.15 (x2) so I lied, not £552 - £552.30 :-)

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA flights from UK to Mo Bay

Hi JAS, I know flight to Kingston is slightly cheaper but this is the new route flying direct into Montego Bay.

I guess it depends whereabouts in JA you are staying, but for me going to Runaway Bay, this is a much better route. Also saves in fuel or taxi fare from Kingston.

These prices have only just been released and BA are now in direct comp with Virgin who are more expensive. As usual I will wait and see what happens with price wars before I book anything!

Cheers for comments.

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BA flights from UK to Mo Bay

Dawn: Have you had quotes for transport to Runaway Bay? Kingston to RB is only around 20 miles further than Mo Bay to RB. (and the scenery is better on that route)

Good luck on the fare.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BA flights from UK to Mo Bay

Hi JAS, the last time I paid taxi from Kingston it was US$150 each way! From Mobay transport was free! It only takes about 45 mins now from Mo Bay but still about 2hrs from Kingston.

I own my own route taxi in JA so it's not really a problem for me, but I know for some that it is.

I think there's pros & cons on both sides, like you said the route from Kingston (once you get out of town) is much nicer and I've never paid departure tax there!, but Mo Bay is better outgoing (shops etc), and as a smoker (!!), you can smoke there.

It's just nice to have another choice, especially with a Saturday flight (use less holiday entitlement!). With Thomson & Thomas Cooks you now have to pay to take any luggage at all & TC allowance is lousy. I also think that some 'first timers' would be weiry of going to Kingston.

england
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BA flights from UK to Mo Bay

Dawn

thanks for the info..useful to know..it is good to know of flight going on a sat and having to take less a/l..Its good to give virgin some competition..

although i have flown for less than that cheapest been £510 with thomas cook.. with the extras it does mount up..

do BA include meals or are they extra??

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BA flights from UK to Mo Bay

Hi Taz, how u doing?

BA flight includes 3 course meal & ALL DRINKS! That should make up for cost difference, haha!

Like you said, by the time you add all the extras on with Thomson or TC, it probably gets near to the price anyway.

I do like the Saturday flight and would prefer to pay a bit extra. I know BA might not always be the cheapest, but as these prices have only just been released, it may be that they will go down further.

Thomson flights not yet avail for May 2010 so not sure what their price will be. Watch this space ...

8. Re: BA flights from UK to Mo Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2009, 07:40