We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Talk about making a drama out of a crisis!!!!!

Bolton
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Talk about making a drama out of a crisis!!!!!

Well TA's stress levels way past where they should be now!!!! another fly in the ointment today!!! My dear mum who is proudly supposed to be walking me down the carribean isle on 5th November has been told by the Irish Embassy today they have not received her passport renewal. The Royal Mail have lost the said package en route to the embassy!!!!! Tears and Tantrums all round today, the Irish Embassy bless them have had to suffer the tears and sniffles for most of the day whilst doing all they can to assist. Had to make a trip to the police to report the lost passport and the Irish Embassy have given us one last lifeline of mum travelling to London with her application and travel ticket to plead her case in the hope that the Irish Consul will find her circumstances exceptional enough to issue another passport to her prior to her departure on the 2nd November.

So TA's please if you are having a word with him upstairs - can you please ask that he considers giving my mum a break so she can give me away at my wedding.

Thanks

PS I'm still being as optomistic as I can about all this but it's fading slowly!!!!

Michelle xx

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Talk about making a drama out of a crisis!!!!!

Sure we'll all be having a word with 'the main man' for you tonight.

Hope it works out ok :)

columbus ohio
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Talk about making a drama out of a crisis!!!!!

So sorry you are going through this stressful situation at such an important time in your life. My prayers are with you that you can get it settled in time. I know how the royal mail is, as an ex pat Brit, my sister sent me bus tickets from heath Row to Nottingham and they never arrived.

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
68 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Talk about making a drama out of a crisis!!!!!

That is so terrible..i will say a little prayer for you tonight. Keeping everything crossed for you xx

Brampton
Level Contributor
638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Talk about making a drama out of a crisis!!!!!

I had the same issue here, and got a passport in 2 hours. Cost me $375, but it was worth it.

I'm not sure how your government works, but do they have an emergency process? Sometimes money talks.

Level Contributor
1,454 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Talk about making a drama out of a crisis!!!!!

We will share the same anniversery, Nov 5th. Your prayers will be answered.........

Bolton
Level Contributor
119 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Talk about making a drama out of a crisis!!!!!

Hi Michelle

So sorry to hear about your problem, I hope you manage to get everything sorted out.

You must be so up in the air at the moment, but things have a way of coming right.

Cant wait to meet you and the all the wedding party, how many are going?

Not long now, speak soon

Sheila

Bolton
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Talk about making a drama out of a crisis!!!!!

Thanks for your best wishes - well we have been thrown a lifeline by the Irish Embassy who had said that if mum can get her birth certificate from Ireland and go to London armed with a fresh application and her travel documents, they will do their utmost to issue a passport to her!!!! (they say it takes 10 days to issue a replacement passport when you have lost your previous one!!) but there are exceptions to this (thank god!!) and because it's Royal Mail who have lost it not Mum they said they will assist all they can.

So fingers crossed the embassy show some compassion to mum and let her have a passport so she can give me away at my wedding. Well they do say these things are sent to try us and it certainly has been a trying few hours I can tell you.

Michelle x

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
68 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Talk about making a drama out of a crisis!!!!!

Aw Michelle, so glad it seems like it will be sorted! What a horrible thing to happen right before your wedding. Hopefully it'll all be sorted so that you can be excited about your trip again. So sorry we will just miss you by a few days..but i hope everything goes smoothly and i look forward to reading your review when you get back,

Tamsin x

Reading...
Level Contributor
154 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Talk about making a drama out of a crisis!!!!!

Never underestimate the power of prayer! (Everything will be okay.)

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Talk about making a drama out of a crisis!!!!!

Aww hun i am praying for you too! I'm sure it will all work out fine. Lots of love xx

Get answers to your questions about Runaway Bay