We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plugs? Do you need to bring an adaptor?

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Waterdown, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Plugs? Do you need to bring an adaptor?

Hey guys

Never been to Jamaica before and not sure if you need to bring a plug adaptor or not? Or are the plugs the same as US and Canada? If anyone could let me know that would be great. Will be staying at GBP.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plugs? Do you need to bring an adaptor?

plugs are the same. the power frequency is a bit lower so rechargable items may take a bit longer to charge but otherwise you are good to go.

Waterdown, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plugs? Do you need to bring an adaptor?

cool, thanks!

Cobourg ON
Level Contributor
790 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Plugs? Do you need to bring an adaptor?

I won't go into the details, (unless you too have a degree in electronics) but what rawlus says is essentially correct. You can plug it into the wall, and it won't blow up!

Rawlus, if you want to go into Peak RMS via voltage inversion, and variability- on-differential-static-decay, just let me know.

(just kidding) :)

4. Re: Plugs? Do you need to bring an adaptor?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2010, 06:16