We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euros? rdcc

Ballina, Ireland
Level Contributor
661 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Euros? rdcc

We intend to take some usd with us and change into jamacian Dollars, or perhaps use the cash machines, rather than fiddling with travelers checks. We were wondering if we were to take euro is it the same as Usd? In Africia last year they were very happy with euro, so just checking on what the attitude is in Jamaica?

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
68 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Euros? rdcc

hmmm im not sure about euros.. i took all usd and they happily converted the prices for me in the shops. i spoke to a few people that used the cash machine outside the hotel and they got on fine (some days they did struggle when it ran out of cash!). perhaps take some euros and see but have a back up plan in case they dont accept them!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Euros? rdcc

It might be an idea to emai RDCC and ask them about euro's, they were very helpful before I went and contacted them by email and always replied quickly.

3. Re: Euros? rdcc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2010, 05:18