We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

royal decameron april 25th 2010?

Shifnal, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
royal decameron april 25th 2010?

We'll be staying at RDCC from April 25th 2010 for 2 weeks, anyone else going at that time?

I've wanted to go to here for about the last 3 years and have finally talked my hubby into going. I've always used this site to review hotels before we go and I know you can't please everyone BUT for the last 3 years I would say the reviews for this hotel have been very good. My hubby has never been keen on going to Jamaica, he says its not safe but hey ho I've managed to get my own way again, lol.

Can anyone tell me how much a trip to Duns River Falls costs? I've heard that the Bob Marley trip is a rip off and you get pestered alot, can anyone confirm or object to this? I really want to go but again my hubby is trying to put me off! How much does this cost and is it a long journey? Hows best to get there?

All info is much appreciated :o)

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: royal decameron april 25th 2010?

We are going a day later than you. We fly on 26th April for 13 nights. There are 4 us, me and my husband and my sister and her husband. We haven't been before, so really looking forward to it.. Like you, i've wanted to go for years, so hopefully it will be everything i've expected and more.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: royal decameron april 25th 2010?

keep your eyes peeled and say Hi to us. We promise to buy you a drink or teo LOL and even give you the low down on whats about and what is value.

Just dont book you trips through your rep or at the hotel..rip off city as are all of these things everywhere! Your rep will tell you it is not safe to use anyone but them, just dont believe it. Dig us out and chat

surrey
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: royal decameron april 25th 2010?

Hi, looks like me and Brad are the last to arrive @RDCC out of you guys, we dont start chilling until the 27th April.........so as mentioned to Jennie before, dont drink the place dry please!! its our 2nd time and cant wait, we didnt do last year, went elsewhere and hated it. I guess the best bit about arriving last is........we leave last too.!!!!!

Happy times on the Jetty Bar, see you all there.!!!

Julia

Shifnal, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: royal decameron april 25th 2010?

Hi Isaacsnana, Jenny and Julia

Many thanks for you postings, can't wait to get there now, 8 weeks and counting, lol.

We fly out of Manchester on 25th April with Thomas Cook, what about you guys? We must meet up and have a natter. Its my hubby's birthday on the 28th and I'm hoping he won't get bored with just me, so hope you can join us at the bar for a celebration drink or 2!

56 sleeps to go, yippeeeee

surrey
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: royal decameron april 25th 2010?

Hi, we fly out of Gatwick on the 27th with First Choice and cant wait, this will be our second time to RDCC. we did Dunn's Falls, and thoroughly enjoyed them, cant remember how much it cost, but it was well worth it........although tough going at times.!! Hopefully your Hubby will be converted not too long after you've got there, if he does'nt order him a drink they call....Fire Water, that will sort him out.!!!! LOL. The Jetty Bar is a great place to get together to celebrate a birthday, so we will see you there.

Julia

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: royal decameron april 25th 2010?

We fly from Manchester on 26th April, with First Choice. We'll have to arrange to meet up for the birthday drink :-)

8 weeks and counting lol......can't wait!

Julie.

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: royal decameron april 25th 2010?

We'll be there from the 19th to the 26th, so will try not to drink the Jetty Bar dry before you arrive ;o)

Trips are good but yes, you will likely get pestered - don't let it put you off as a polite but firm 'no thank you' will usually do the trick, and yes, the reps will rip you off but there are plenty of options if you ask around when you get there.

It can't be that bad - this is our 2nd trip in a year and we can't wait to get back there to see all the improvements they've made!

Have fun - maybe we'll save you a swing seat on our last night :( !!

kent
Level Contributor
848 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: royal decameron april 25th 2010?

We depart from Gatwick on 20th April 2010 with first Choice for 2 weeks of relaxation....cant wait.

Have booked a garden Cottage.

Looks a great Hotel cant wait.....

Birkenhead, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: royal decameron april 25th 2010?

You must do the jeep safari to nine Mile, it's well Worth the money, I only wish we were going again this year, but you know how it is, too many other places to visit, but we'll be back in a couple of years :-)

Edited: 02 March 2010, 14:17
Worcs.
Level Contributor
145 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: royal decameron april 25th 2010?

I got back Friday and had a fantastic time.

We did use First Choice and our rep Amaril to book all our trips. I know people are saying they are a rip off, but I felt the cost was worth it, and as with everything its worth how much you are happy to pay.

We did Dunns River on my birthday - Fab, fab, fab! And we did Nine Mile in the Bob Jeep on our wedding anniversary, again fab, fab, fab.

Nine Mile is expensive but worth every single penny. Will look for my booking form (sure i saw it when unpacking at weekend) and will post prices .

You lucky things, enjoy xx