We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where's best place to stay if you go with a Bob Marley fan?

Middlesex
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Where's best place to stay if you go with a Bob Marley fan?

We are planning a family trip to Jamaica. We are going because one of our number is crazy about Bob Marley. I would like to know which resort is the nearest to whatever a Bob Marley fan might like to see??

Can anyone help??

babylon
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where's best place to stay if you go with a Bob Marley fan?

anywhere in Runaway Bay or Ochi will put you within easy driving distance of Nine Mile.....

McDonough, Georgia
Level Contributor
728 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where's best place to stay if you go with a Bob Marley fan?

Definately anywhere in the St. Ann parish,

Discovey Bay, Runaway Bay or Ocho Rios.

england
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where's best place to stay if you go with a Bob Marley fan?

Runaway bay is around 45mins away and ocho rios an hour away..so anywhere around there or as mentioned discovery bay..

i have stayed in runway bay and gone from there..

Go with a private driver too that way you will get to see more of the surrounding area and spend as long as you want at nine mile.. the tour of nine mile takes around an hour depending on how many in your group..

I use moodie.. many recomended drivers on here and we all have our favourite..

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where's best place to stay if you go with a Bob Marley fan?

There are two sites a Bob Marley fan would be interested in and both are within reach of Ocho Rios or Runaway Bay. Besides Nine Miles, the district where Bob spent his early days, there’s 56 Hope Road, Kingston. That is a large house that Bob obtained from his sponsor Chris Blackwell (related to the Blackwell of Cross and Blackwell). If you research further on this site, you’ll find that members that have been to both locations say the Kingston tour is the better, and I agree, although both are interesting. Trench Town may be of interest also, but I’m not sure there’s much to see in relation to Bob, or that it’s very safe. There is also Tuff Gong Studio in Kingston which does a tour and has an old mixing deskof Bob's.

5. Re: Where's best place to stay if you go with a Bob Marley fan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2010, 05:15