We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping

Regina, Sk
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Shopping

What is the best place to go shopping in the runaway bay area?

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping

Mostly you would need to go to Ocho Rios, although you can buy groceries in RB.

Regina, Sk
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping

Can you recommend where in Ocho Rios?

Thanks!

england
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping

as said ocho rios which is a short cab ride away. or for a more jamaican feel and less tourist places there is st anns bay or browns town depends what youa re looking for.

there are supermarkets and food places in the runaway bay area,

Nuneaton...
Level Contributor
460 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping

Hi treetopshot

WHERE IN OCHO RIOS?

Tourists shop, in groups of shops, along a mile or so high street, that comes off the A1 main road, if coming from Runaway Bay. From there, first on the left, is the Island Village. As you then travel down the road, you will then see, Taj Mahal, Ocean Village, 2 Craft Markets and Soni Plaza at the end on the right side. Between these large malls, there are of course a lot of other shops.

The best way to see these shops is to ask a driver to drop you at one of the above places I have mentioned. You could then ask him to walk you to see ALL these shops I have mentioned. Remember to bargain.

Ask the driver to show you a nice place to eat. FYI there is a Margarittavile in the Island Village. My favourite is a buffet lunch at the Ruins in the Falls.

There you are, I hope it is useful and relevant. Sorry if it ain't.

Happy New Year.

1november

Regina, Sk
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping

Thank you!

6. Re: Shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2011, 07:23