We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook to pull out of Jamaica for 2012

Bolton
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook to pull out of Jamaica for 2012

Just been advised by the travel agent that TC will no longer be offering flights/holidays to Jamaica from 2012!!!!

We were hoping to return November 2012 for my baby sister's significant birthday so we will have to put our heads together now to see who offers the best prices although we are limited here with Virgin and First Choice/Thompson. Just hope they don't decide to pull out of Jamaica as well I'm sure this would be a huge loss

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook to pull out of Jamaica for 2012

British Airways have flight and hotel deals from UK.

County Durham
Level Contributor
824 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook to pull out of Jamaica for 2012

Cor, that is really going to cut the number of flights from the UK, especially the North. There is already less with Thomson / First Choice now being one. There could be a real oportunity for someone to offer flights, with some different accommodation.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook to pull out of Jamaica for 2012

I agree it is a concern because TC are normally the best value by far, sometimes first choice have reasonable prices but virgin and BA are never cheap !

Bolton
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook to pull out of Jamaica for 2012

I know I think we will be severely restricted BA although not cheap do some deals from Manchester but Virgin only fly to Mobay from London so for us Northerners we relied heavily on the likes of TC and their prices were a lot better than First choices prices!!!!

Thanks JA Soldier for the advice though I will definately suss out booking flights and hotel separately to see how this fares.

Again there will be 8 of us travelling so we need to keep costs at a reasonable level (although my boys have said if me and dad can't go they are of without us!!!!!!) the cheek!!!

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook to pull out of Jamaica for 2012

I just checked BA for the same time that we are going to RDCC in june

first they do not offer RDCC or Club Ambiance and the flight is from manchester via gatwick making it a 14 hour trip.

Mentioned in this post
Club Ambiance
Club Ambiance
1,396 Reviews
Jamaica
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook to pull out of Jamaica for 2012

It gets better, Price for 2 weeks breezes falmouth which was starfish resort is £3154 in addition you have to pay for your own transfers from manchester to gatwick and return.

We paid £1900 for 2 weeks at RDCC direct flight from manchester.

All based traveling on the 5th of june (it is BA's sale price aswell)

Bolton
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook to pull out of Jamaica for 2012

Blimey Howard it's going to cost us isn't it?????

Have been checking out prices for First Choice for 2012 and they are around £200.00-£400.00 more expensive per person!!!!!!!

I will have to do some serious checking up to see what we can do but it's not looking good.

Do you think first choice will lower their prices if I ask nicely!!!!!

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
39,890 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook to pull out of Jamaica for 2012

I think they are starting to scale back their longhaul operations. They are returning 3 of their longhaul aircraft back to the leasing company by November this year.

south coast
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas Cook to pull out of Jamaica for 2012

just been advice by travel agent that TC

will no longer be offering holidays

from 2012.... for what reason...do they want to loose out

Wishaw, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas Cook to pull out of Jamaica for 2012

Hi Mushyjam

Sorry to hear TC pulling out of Jamaica. We travelled to rdcc Sept - Oct last year with First Choice and found it pretty reasonable. I also prefer FC toTC flights (20Kg luggage, longer legroom, better in flight entertainment) had problems in the past TC. Looking again to book in May 2011 and would love to go back to rdcc. This was my first trip to Jamaica, but wonder if I should try different resort and travel agent. What do TA s suggest?

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Get answers to your questions about Runaway Bay