We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9 mile tour from GBPJ

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
9 mile tour from GBPJ

Headed to Gran Bahia Principe in March for a wedding and my husband and I are looking to do the 9 Mile tour. I was wondering:

1. Is there a tour for this from GBP? We are through Transat

2. How much does said tour cost per person US?

3. What does it entail and how long is it?

4. Is it better to go through the resort or prearange for a driver? And is it better to get a driver from the resort or elsewhere?

5. Which is safer and which is cheaper?

Thank you in advance for any relpies :)

This is our first time in Jamaica. We've been to Mexico 3 times and have become somewhat comfortable grabbing a cab from the resort and doing our own thing. I'm somewhat standoffish with prearranging a driver as we don't know what the weather will be like or what the other people in the group of 18 will be doing.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Chukka Caribbean Adventures
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Julious Tours Jamaica
River Rafting & Tubing, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Pablo Tours Jamaica
Eco Tours, City Tours
england
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 9 mile tour from GBPJ

you can book with the hotel or take a taxi a the hotel to nine mile. decide on the day. dont no the prices at GBP.

I personally always use a private driver. many mentioned on here and you can contact them to get a quote. I use moodie who is great. you could prebook him or take a chance he is free on a set day you decide to go. he drives a 7 seater bus so a few of your group could go.

contact him at moodietransportation@gmail.com

Cornwall
Level Contributor
147 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 9 mile tour from GBPJ

I think it is safe no matter what you do. We hired a driver and he took us through the mountains and gave us lots of info on the way. I'd nip outside the lobby the day before you want to go and pre arrange eith one of the guys. You get there, go through the bar (have a Bob Marley shot if you want!! Lethal!!) a tour guide will then come and see you to take you through. It is amazing and be prepared for the hairs on your neck to stand on end. Don't do an organised tour unless its the Zion Bus,its a lot cheaper to DIY. I can't remember how much it was but whatever it cost it was worth it. There is a big group of us going from England again this year and this is on top of our to do list. Be sure to tip your tour guide at 9 miles as they do it for free and a certain percentage goes towards running the local school.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 9 mile tour from GBPJ

Thanks for the info...what do you mean lethal? Tasting or powerful?

Cornwall
Level Contributor
147 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 9 mile tour from GBPJ

Both!! ha ha!! It's in a shot glass, they layer the spriits up on top of each other (red, yellow and green) light it and you have to drink it through a straw fast before the straw melts!! Yum!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 9 mile tour from GBPJ

Wow good to know! I'll have to remember to keep my hair tied back lol!

6. Re: 9 mile tour from GBPJ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2012, 05:21