We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Ambiance has been sold... to who?

Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Club Ambiance has been sold... to who?

Word has it that Alex has sold CA, yet has retained ownership of the villa. It is my understanding that as of now, Gilbert is still managing it. Does anyone know who it was sold too and/or the plans they have for it?

It would be such a dissappointment if they try to change the lil gem it is.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Ambiance has been sold... to who?

Alex has not sold CA because he never owned it to be able to sell it!!!!!!!

He was a shareholder but not a major one. So at present the hotel is still owned by its Major Shareholder - The ORIGINAL owner!

It is correct he does fully own the villa!

Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Ambiance has been sold... to who?

Thank you Kall!. Alex had always been introduced and refered to himself as 'the' owner which is why we all thought this was the case.

Good to know things won"t change at CA.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,630 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Ambiance has been sold... to who?

As Kall has already stated, Alex is only part owner of CA and will be leaving the resort sometime in February. The hotel is indeed up for sale, but they are still making decisions as to whether they pay for the renovation work at an estimated $2m cost and try and get the current asking price.

Until a new owner is found the running of the resort will be carried out jointly with Gilbert and Oakley.

CA are still taking bookings but watch this space .....

england
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Ambiance has been sold... to who?

dawn and kall thanks for the update..

will be watching this space

East Windsor, New...
Level Contributor
529 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Ambiance has been sold... to who?

I agree with Taz - thanks for the update information and I will be checking on status periodically. I will be at CA soon and will see if I can get any solid info. It may be a good thing to see this place change hands, but I honestly like the way it is now. It's like an old pair of jeans that could use patching, but is so comfortable that it is my favorite and I want to keep it the way it is.

If they do change hands, I really hope they don't do too much to it and, of course, keep the repeater rates!

london
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Club Ambiance has been sold... to who?

Alex has never referred to himself as the owner of Club Ambiance, alot of the repeat guests just wrongly assumed that he was.

Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Club Ambiance has been sold... to who?

Thinking of booking here for March 2012 but on reading this worried the hotel could be closed for refurbishment or have changed hands and have a different atmosphere by then.

Does anyone know more?

london
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Club Ambiance has been sold... to who?

I would seriously advise you to wait until the latest possible time before you book your holiday at CA. The lovely atmosphere and the ambiance that this hotel use to have is gone, i have seen this for myself and have heard this very recently from people in the know at the hotel. It is highly unlikely that CA will be closing for refurbishment , the present owner obviously does not want to invest the money that is so desperately needed to bring the hotel up to the standards of some of the neighbouring hotels. The entertainment is exactly the same as it was over 6 years ago and in the evenings you have the same old boring singers, singing the same old boring songs, they have began to sound like stuck records.

The only thing that would save CA is if it was sold and the new owners bring in completely new management, new entertainers and invest the money that the place so desperately needs. I wish you luck in your choice!!

Hoboken, New Jersey
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Club Ambiance has been sold... to who?

I just got back from Club Ambiance, and it's still as delightful as it was when I discovered it 5 years ago. That said, it's definitely in need of some modernization, especially making sure there's running water at all times.

I love seeing the staff who've been there for years! If it's sold, please don't change the heart of this hotel. I know the songs are the same, but that's part of the charm. At the Repeater's party there were soooo many people there, it was incredible. How many big chain hotels can say that?

I'd like to see the bathrooms modernized, and some of the old decor changed, but fundamentally it's sound! I hope that I get to go back again in the future.

Cincinnati, Ohio
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Club Ambiance has been sold... to who?

It looks like the Villa is up for sale too.

http://www.viviun.com/AD-160696/

I really hope that the charm of this resort does not change. Yes, they could use some updates. But I'd rather have the place a little tattered and worn than completely overhauled and lose it's feel. The employees are second to none and are like an extended family.

If I only had to money to buy the place and keep it going as is....

Get answers to your questions about Runaway Bay
Recent Conversations