We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RDCC deposit

London
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
RDCC deposit

How much deposit are you to pay upon check-in (I'm First Choice if that matters). There is no way they are getting my card after the issues I have had in both JA and Mexico with card number theft.

Will only pay in cash.

Thanks,

Chukka Caribbean Adventures
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Pablo Tours Jamaica
Eco Tours, City Tours
Julious Tours Jamaica
River Rafting & Tubing, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,662 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RDCC deposit

At either Royal Decameron (RDCC or RDMB) I don't think I've ever had to put down a deposit of any kind. If you want the room safe, you'll pay for that, around $2US per day and if you want to use the room phone, other than room to room, you'll have to pay for that, highly discouraged though. Other than that, I don't think you'll need a deposit. I've never been asked for a credit card upon check in.

Grantham, United...
Level Contributor
149 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RDCC deposit

You will be asked for a swipe of your card or a $20 cash deposit. Opt for the latter. Never had any problems getting it back providing you havn't used the phone, which you really don't want to

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,662 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RDCC deposit

Must be something new. We have never been asked for a deposit. We were told if we were going to use the phone, it would be a $20 deposit. We always just decline and say if we change our minds, we'll come back and put down the $20. Haven't put it down yet.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
898 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RDCC deposit

I've never put a deposit down at RDMB for anything.

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,868 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RDCC deposit

I believe there was a $20 key deposit, which I paid cash and was immediately refunded on return of the key

Bolton
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RDCC deposit

At the RDCC they will request $20.00 - either cash or card, and I also use the cash, which is returned back to you once you have checked out of your room.

We have been asked for the past 2 years to leave a $20.00 deposit for the room but never had any problems in it being returned.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
2,800 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RDCC deposit

Same for us...we were asked for $20 deposit but got it back straight away as soon as we checked out...

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,662 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: RDCC deposit

Ok, this must be something with RDCC. RDMB doesn't do this. And maybe because we transferred from RDMB we weren't asked for one.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
590 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: RDCC deposit

Believe it or not...when we went in November, we were asked for a $ 20.00 deposit or a swipe of a credit card. I was dumbfounded..this was our 10th visit.

Brampton
Level Contributor
638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: RDCC deposit

Terri, they sure know how to make repeat guest feel welcome, huh?