We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Mountains

Nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Mountains

We are staying in Runaway Bay how long would it take to get to the Blue Mountains? and should we allow a full day for it or combine it with another visit somewhere else

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,005 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Mountains

A full day as I'd say at least two hours to the blues depending whether you approach form the Portland side or the Kingston side, and what you want to do there.

St. John's, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Mountains

We did the Blue Mountain bicycle tour last spring for something around $100 cad each, including the bus, bicycle rental, breakfast and lunch, returning about suppertime. Good opportunity to get some of that famous coffee straight from the source. It was a great experience as an excursion, but if I went on my own, I'd still take the whole day (leave in the early AM) and enjoy the scenic drive, planning for stops along the way that will still get you back "home" before dark.

england
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Mountains

we did it as a whole day trip and combined going to kingston and seeing the sites there.The views are fantasticup in the mountains and so worth going to. We also bought some blue mountain coffee from a shop up in the hills. Strawberry hill. Great hotel up there as well to check out.

Takes couple hours. we hired a private driver we always use

Edited: 29 March 2011, 21:40
Ohio
Level Contributor
579 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Mountains

Blue mountains to coffee plantation is a great experience..Just 2-4 hours trip. I recommended the same tour to my friends - after that their driver took them to Little ochie seafood restaurant for lunch. You can contact Alrick Allen to arrange for the same tour (he may suggest other places to visit along the way or based on things you are interested to do). http://yourjamaicantourguide.com/

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Mountains

there's NO way to do a blue mountain plantation experience from runaway bay in 2-4 hours... the drive alone TO kingston could take up that or more each way with recent construciton!

there may be coffee plantation tours available, but the only blue mountain ones i'm aware of require a trip up past Newcastle...

adding little ochi on a BM tour seems a bit of a stretch... doable from Runaway bay ONLY if you'd head out at sunrise and expect to be home well after sunset... Little Ochi to Runaway bay would take at least 3 hours probably closer to 4 in and of itself... with no known construction!)

Chelle

6. Re: Blue Mountains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Runaway Bay