We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from airport to Runaway Bay

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, Wisconsin
1 post
Save Topic
Best way to get from airport to Runaway Bay

We are headed to Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica in a couple weeks. What is the best way to get from MBJ airport to the resort? It will be two adults and two children (7-11). Do we take a taxi, the bus, or arraign a private van? Price is a factor but I am willing to pay a little more for convenience Thank-you.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
815 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from airport to Runaway Bay

Who are you using for your travel company? We usually just us the transportation from them. It's just easier!

Nuneaton...
Level Contributor
460 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from airport to Runaway Bay

Hi theklems

Check if your travel company has transport already included in your tickets. If it is, then why not use it? If this should be the case be prepared to wait for the coach to fill up and also accept that the coach may stop at other resorts to drop off other guests. Your travel time to the resort will be stretch out a bit.

If you want to get to the resort without hassle, then see the link below.

http://reggae-tours.com

They are in Montego Bay and will be there waiting for you. They have a fleet of vehicle. They have drinks in the vehicle. You can tell them when you book, what drinks you want and they will have then for you. They will give you a phone to ring home if you ask.

I use them for transfer to the resort. By the time others arrive on the coach, I will have been to the pool and rested. I pay them on the net. That way I do not have to worry about arriving with money. I have again booked and paid them for my transfer 30th July 2011.

Hope you have a lovely journey and vacation.

Regards,

1november

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get from airport to Runaway Bay

We alway's use Paul Williams...great guy and lovely clean air conditioned car..highly recommended on here by many..

He will be waiting for you as soon as you exit the airport and be on your way hassle free..

Email him at paul849@hotmail.com and he will get back to you very quickly.

Take a look at his website.

www.paulsjamaicatours.com

Ohio
Level Contributor
579 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get from airport to Runaway Bay

My sister stayed there last month. She used Alrick of http://yourjamaicantourguide.com as per my recommendation

Edited: 29 May 2011, 06:38
england
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get from airport to Runaway Bay

I always use moodie.

But do check if transport is already arranged for you

6. Re: Best way to get from airport to Runaway Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2012, 05:20