We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding at Breezes Runaway Bay

Ottawa, Canada
4 posts
Save Topic
wedding at Breezes Runaway Bay

We are thinking about booking a wedding Jan 2012 and are wondering about the meal and reception. It looks like that is not part of the package we are looking for ideas of costs for each and any suggestions about wedding planners. We will be a large group of maybe around 30 people, do they let you have a seperate area at one of the reseravtion resturants or do the supply a seperate venue?

wisconsin
Level Contributor
327 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding at Breezes Runaway Bay

Hello

We were married at BRB this past Feb. We were married in the beach chapel and afterward had our "reception" out by the tennis court's in the grassy area between the court's and the building's. They set up chair's and tables with nice covering's and ribbon's, balloon's and such. They provided a nice table full of snack's and finger food. They also put out a table with a wide variety of pop and liquor and such.

After the "reception" snack's we had a couple of hour's until dinner. We just made reservation's at the Italian restaurant. We just asked to be seated together and they took good care of us. We had 22 people, they had us a 2 table's next to each other.

We were very very happy with everything at BRB. It was a very simple and easy process and everything went very smoothly.

Any question's just let me know.

Ottawa, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding at Breezes Runaway Bay

Did you find that they were having to many a day and is there anything that was missing that we should take? If you thinking of any other suggestions later please come back and update.

thanks

wisconsin
Level Contributor
327 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wedding at Breezes Runaway Bay

We didn't feel rushed or anything like that. I think they only do 3-4 wedding's a day. You may want to bring what music you would like them to play during the ceremony. My wife had specific music to play for the beginning, during and end of the ceremony. It's just a boom box, but it worked fine for the "background" music.

Then only "complicated" thing we did was pick out some "extra" flower's for the chapel. We had to meet with a florist from off the property to do this. It wasn't really complicated, but just a little extra meeting to deal with really.

Also, we requested staying in the block of room's closest to the chapel, that way my wife had less to walk once she was dressed and heading to the chapel.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
828 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wedding at Breezes Runaway Bay

Congratulations! Can you tell me if they charged you for the extras after the ceremony? My niece is getting married at 4pm but we also don't know what to do in between. I am trying to arrange dinner on the beach or somewhere to make it more special. I think it is about $32 couple. There are only 8 of us but we are a bit of a loss on what we can do that won't cost us more because there will also be a wedding reception when she gets home. Any ideas would be welcome! Tammy

wisconsin
Level Contributor
327 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wedding at Breezes Runaway Bay

Thank you

Well, we "upgraded" to their first added cost package. With the upgrade you got various thing's, discount's and an additional free night's stay on your anniversary. You can find that info on their website. BUT, I think the reception after the wedding was included in the "free" wedding package.

We were married at 3 p.m.. After the wedding we took some picture's with the resort guy, then took our carriage ride and went to the reception area. After the reception we went and took many more pictures. Realistically we didnt have a huge gap between all that and our dinner reservation at Martino's.

Basically we just let everyone relax a bit between the reception and the dinner at Martino's. My wife changed into another dress for dinner, and it was nice to cool off a bit and freshen up given it was a hot day.

Ottawa, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: wedding at Breezes Runaway Bay

Ok ladies need help, my daughter got back the prices for the meal after the wedding and they want 60.00 her person for the dinner any suggestions. We have a group of 50 and not sure how we would get reseravtion for that many at one of the resturants.

Boston,MA
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wedding at Breezes Runaway Bay

Is this a reception in a private room? I know one of my daughters got married years ago at the breezes in Bahamas and we hired out a private room and then we hired the DJ and all that. I thought that the booze was covered with the all inclusive and we just paid for the food, DJ and upgrade on photos and flowers. I've read recently that someone had a private reception @ the club house at the golf course.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
327 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wedding at Breezes Runaway Bay

Yes sunny, a group of 50 would be more difficult. We only had 22 people so it was just a matter of two large tables. I will say though, I'm sure they would try to make something work for you even with a larger group, I just don't know if they could.

For us, part of the getting married in Jamaica was being on the beach and outside for the wedding and after. The cake cutting, reception we had on the grass was very nice and in keeping with the outdoor theme we wanted while in Jamaica. We had a more formal reception once we were home, and for us that was just ideal.

They do have room at Martino's for your size of group, I just know how they would go about seating you "together" so to speak. If you all made reservation's I would think seating could be figured out, just not ideal possibly.

P.S. $60.00 per person is hard to justify at an all-inclusive.

Ottawa, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: wedding at Breezes Runaway Bay

That is what I thought 60.00 after you have already paid for allinclusive is way to much...

FLORIDA
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: wedding at Breezes Runaway Bay

This is good information...I'm planning a wedding for May 2012 and we are 99% sure we want to go with BRB. Thanks for all the helpful info!!

Get answers to your questions about Runaway Bay
Recent Conversations