We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breezes Runaway Bay Nude/Clothing Optional/Adults Only

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Breezes Runaway Bay Nude/Clothing Optional/Adults Only

How can this resort be BOTH: "Adults Only"; and a "Family" resort? And what makes it "adults only" if even clothing optional" isn't allowed?

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,177 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Nude/Clothing Optional/Adults Only

It is for families with children 14 and up. They consider people 14 and up to be adults. It is not set up for a clothing optional area.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Nude/Clothing Optional/Adults Only

Hi Zak;

I have a feeling you have been on the Breezes website. Quite confusing as you choose the resort and as soon as you switch pages, you get general information about all of their resorts.

BRB as it is known is adults only. Minimum age is 14 but they don't get a lot of kids there. There are many adults only resorts in Jamaica that do not offer clothing optional or nude sunbathing. Most Sandals do not. Our favourite adults only is Couples, but it is truly for couples only. Their resort, Sans Souci has wonderful nude facilities, great food, beautiful suites and a romantic atmosphere. It is a very classy place, for romance with your significant other, not for "other activities" such as what goes on at Hedonism.

What kind of a vacation are you looking for? Let us know and we will try to steer you in the right direction.

Edited: 03 July 2011, 02:36
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Nude/Clothing Optional/Adults Only

Thanks for the info. My girlfriend and I would like to go to a reasonably priced resort and don't really need it to be for nudists, but we figured a clothing optional place wouldn't give us any grief about wearing a thong, or her sunbathing topless. For some reason, as soon as you add "Adults Only" into a search, the price doubles or triples. So far the Gran Bahia Principe in Runaway Bay is the best value at about $200/person/night. and it has a nude beach section, but I haven't found out yet if clothing optional would be acceptable there or if it's nude mandatory.

atlanta
Level Contributor
173 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Nude/Clothing Optional/Adults Only

The confusion comes from the fact that BRB used to have a small nude side with a nude jacuzzi and was 16 and up (advertised as adults only). You would see topless women around the pool and on the beach from time to time and it was not an issue.

However, after their renovation in 2007 (which put up a new room block where the nude beach used to be) there is no longer a nude side or nude jacuzzi). They have become more of a wedding destination and toned down the party atmosphere that used to exist back in the day. They also lowered the minimum age to 14 after the renovation. As for topless sunbathing, we've been there 4 times since the renovation and I don't recall seeing anyone doing that anymore. The renovation definitely changed the atmosphere at the resort (it was WAY more fun pre-renovation).

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Nude/Clothing Optional/Adults Only

Breezes Grand Negril is the choice for you according to your description...

The resorts in Jamaica other than Breezes Grand Negril that offer 'nude' sunbathing are ALL 'full nudity rquired'... BGN is 'clothing optional and likely the most affordable choice of the true 'adult-only' resorts...

Blessings and respect.

Steve

Ottawa
Level Contributor
322 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Nude/Clothing Optional/Adults Only

Gran Bahia Principe does not have a nude section. There is a public nude beach down the way a bit i think.

nova scotia
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Nude/Clothing Optional/Adults Only

dpw567... Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica does in fact have a nude beach section to the far left of the beach crescent; it is gated, FYI.

zakimar... it is nude, no clothes whatsoever. No problem wearing a thong and topless is accepted more at the beach than poolside. Enjoy

Lost Wages
Level Contributor
98 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Nude/Clothing Optional/Adults Only

The problem you are faced with is Culture differences. Adult only to you means 21 and older. This is not the case in Jamaica. In Jamaica there is no minimum age to consume alcohol, and age of sexual consent is 16.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Nude/Clothing Optional/Adults Only

Thanks DeniseAtBeach. Some nude beaches are Nude MANDATORY, and won't let people just go topless or in a thong (I'd (male) be wearing one too) and am glad to hear that nobody would bother us about it.

But so far, because of the price, we'll be going to Punta Cana this year instead as it works out to less than half price and we just decided to buy those swimsuits that let the UV through and wear out thongs underneath as to keep our tan-lines. Maybe we'll try GBP next year. Thanks again.

nova scotia
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Nude/Clothing Optional/Adults Only

Zakimar, glad to hear to have chosen your vacation destination; enjoy Punta Cana - the beach is the feature there. Careful with the water, ice cubes and eating anything you cannot peal or is not cooked... take your Pepto, Immodium and be careful. I would also suggest if you have not done so, that you seek your Dr's advice about TwinRix/Hep A/B shots!

In Jamaica, I never have the same concerns!

Enjoy!