We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jamaica in June

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
72 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
jamaica in June

Hello i am looking to book runaway bay for june next year, can anyone tell me what the weather is likely to be. I appreciate that it is coming into the rainy season, but am i likely to have 2 weeks of rain, or will they bey tropical storms now and again. Anyone who has been last week of june to first week of july would love to hear from you Many thanks Lorraine

United States
Level Contributor
13,108 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jamaica in June

Rainy season starts in June and continues to October. Expect it to be hot and humid during the month. Rain is probable many days (the later in the month the higher the probability). Rain mainly comes in the late afternoon and early evening and normally lasts 15 min. to an hour or so. June is also the start of hurricane season (possible but with a very low probability).

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,385 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jamaica in June

Rainie, if you look at some of my past posts you will see that the 4 times I have been to Breezes Runaway bay have been "end of June/early July". That includes this year. We stayed from June 25th to July 7. During our stay there was all of 3 days that it rained (3 out of 12). The days it did rain were not complete was outs. One day it was 3 short (15 minute) cloud bursts and then sunshine. It wasn't enough to get us out of the pool. Another dayit rained for a few hours straight in the afternoon. The only day is rained for a good part of the day we were out and about with some friends in Negil for the day. We had sunshine in Negril. As for it being humid, I don't feel it is at this time of year. Most days there is such a nice breeze but some nights the air does get a but still.

In short my wife and I love Runaway Bay this time of year. If you going to Breezes we will likely see you there. We are already looking to book our 5th trip for june/july 2012. Watch for my count down post early in the year.

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
72 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jamaica in June

thanks for replies, i think i am just gonna take pot luck with the weather and book, will be booking rdcc for 17th june 2012 so hopefully see some of you there

Rainie

atlanta
Level Contributor
173 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jamaica in June

We just were there in June (9th thru the 19th). It had rained 11 of the 12 previous days before we got there, and then we had perfect weather for our trip, and the day we were leaving the forecast was for rain to return. Same for the 2 trips we've done in May (which also has a high average rainfall). The 2 times we've been there in May it's been beautiful. I think you just have to go for it and hope you get a good weather window!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jamaica in June

Have been in runaway bay for the past to Junes, and the weather has been pretty much amazing - a little downpour here and there but other than that its been grand :)

england
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jamaica in June

You can never tell. Rain doesnt last long if it comes and its warm still.

RDCC is a good choice of hotel. Have fun

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: jamaica in June

I just Booked A Trip for My wife and I at Breezes Runaway Bay June 22nd thru June 25th and have heard nothing but good reviews. This will be our first trip to Jamaica and I am hoping that everything goes smoothly. We have been looking forward to this trip for a while now and I hope the weather cooperates. Look going and we hope to meet some new friends.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,385 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: jamaica in June

Hey Chris, join my countdown post (BRB, End of June/Early July 2012) Your sure to meet a bunch of us during your trip. We come in a day before you leave but drinks are on me that day. LOL.

Enjoy!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: jamaica in June

When we went mid June, it rained everyday but briefly- mind you some days it was a drizzle and on our last day it was a downpour :)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
178 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: jamaica in June

Rainy season starts in May and last until about the middle of November. Expect it to be very hot an humid with daily tropical waves of showers in the morning and afternoon hours. If a Tropical storm or Hurricane happens to develop expect several days of pouring rain and high winds.. You are taking your chances going at that time.

That is why rates are so low that time of year. Jamaica Tourist season starts about Dec 15, and ends around April 15th. That is the dry cool season. Check the rate calendars and you see what I mean.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean