We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just found out the Club Ambiance is overbooked...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
242 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Just found out the Club Ambiance is overbooked...

March 4-11. I've been moved ot the Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort in Ocho Rios. Its supposed to be a nicer resort but now I have to research what I'm getting into.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just found out the Club Ambiance is overbooked...

Never been there but it looks like a beautiful place!!! jamaicasplash.com/resorts/renaissance.html

WI
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just found out the Club Ambiance is overbooked...

Bummer :o( Hope that does not happen to us..we're booked from March 26-April 2...I guess if I was moved I would request an adults only as that is why we booked at CA...I'd be pissed if I was in a resort with kids...I love 'em, but I teach and am looking to get away from 'em for a week! ;o)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
242 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just found out the Club Ambiance is overbooked...

I'd booked CA becuase it was adults only too. My partner doesn't mind the kids as much as I do though.

WI
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just found out the Club Ambiance is overbooked...

Did the travel company move you or Club Ambiance...

Whitehall, Michigan
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just found out the Club Ambiance is overbooked...

How did you book, direct with CA or with a travel company. We booked direct with CA so we to hope that doesn't happen with us. I've seen other postings here saying that a particular travel company over books all the time.

32 days and counting.

WI
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just found out the Club Ambiance is overbooked...

We booked with CheapCaribbean...I did email them and they confirmed our reservation...I kept that email and will bering it with me...28 days and counting ;o)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
242 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just found out the Club Ambiance is overbooked...

I'd booked with a travel company. CA did have my reservation as well. I'd emailed them to request a specific room.

WI
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Just found out the Club Ambiance is overbooked...

UGH! Sounds like I'm not safe with my email to them....I guess I can hope they are not overbooked the week we are there...

Toronto
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just found out the Club Ambiance is overbooked...

I'm in the same situation... overbooked at CA so moved to Sunset... Going from a 90 room resort to a 750 room, is a little scary...

WI
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Just found out the Club Ambiance is overbooked...

Who decides which resort you go to...the travel company where you booked or CA? Anyone have an idea...do you find out when you get there or do they inform you before you leave for your trip...I don't mind being moved, but as long as it is AI and adults only..