We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling alone to Runaway Bay and no clue where to stay

Florida
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling alone to Runaway Bay and no clue where to stay

I am planning a solo trip to Runaway Bay in July 2012 and need help deciding where to stay. Of the all-inclusives, I really like GBP and Breezes but I'm afraid I will look out of place/lonely amongst the couples and groups. I'm also considering a villa such as Carousel or Whistling to have complete peace and quiet but might get bored. If you were traveling alone, which would you choose?

Mentioned in this post
Chukka Caribbean Adventures
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Pablo Tours Jamaica
Eco Tours, City Tours
Julious Tours Jamaica
River Rafting & Tubing, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,632 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling alone to Runaway Bay and no clue where to stay

BRB would be the place IMO. They have a lot of activities included, adult only and has a good reputation for a fun resort.

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling alone to Runaway Bay and no clue where to stay

In my two stays at Breezes Runaway Bay there have been many guests that were not couples. While most guests are couples, there is a significant number of non-couple guests. I don't think you would feel out of place there.

Mentioned in this post
Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
518 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling alone to Runaway Bay and no clue where to stay

I highly reccommend Breezes Runaway Bay. I've stayed there solo several times and always have a great time. It's a nice resort and it's easy to meet people if you want to. Staff and guests tend to be friendly, not snooty, and the resort isn't huge so you won't feel lost......

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling alone to Runaway Bay and no clue where to stay

After all my research, I keep coming back to BRB so this must be the place! I was leaning towards GBP but the man-made beach and large size of this resort have changed my mind. Thanks for the replies!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling alone to Runaway Bay and no clue where to stay

Yep, another vote for Breezes, the place that started it all for me with Jamaica so many years ago.

You really cannot go wrong. Book it, pack and go.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,700 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling alone to Runaway Bay and no clue where to stay

Why not consider Breezes Grand Negril. The water is quieter. Offers great watersports and eateries. Lots of singles, couples, kids over 16 (but few of them).

Interesting town of Negril nearby with eateries from casual to elegant. It is singles safe.

Just a thought.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling alone to Runaway Bay and no clue where to stay

We have seen plenty of singles at Breezes Runaway Bay. They big plus is......No KIDS!

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traveling alone to Runaway Bay and no clue where to stay

Hedo, I have to stay in Runaway Bay. I have a friend who lives there and will be taking me around so I don't want to have him drive across the island to pick me up.

Mentioned in this post
Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,297 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Traveling alone to Runaway Bay and no clue where to stay

just read about this one. even though it is not in Negril, might consider based on the reviews and adults too.

what is this about it being near a nude section? cheers

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
New England, USA
Level Contributor
657 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Traveling alone to Runaway Bay and no clue where to stay

If you don't need a/i and aren't looking for lots of activities, try Piper's Cove Resort. It's a small property and you could possibly get restless after a while though. The place always gives me an at home feeling when I'm traveling alone. Very relaxing, safe, and easy.