We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mint for mojitos

Rock Falls, Illinois
7 posts
Save Topic
mint for mojitos

I will be in Runaway Bay in Feb and will be looking for mint leaves any ideas where to start because it was nowhere to be found in Montego Bay last October.. Any advice for 1st timmers to the area.

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,767 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mint for mojitos

Ask the staff at the resort - many, many people grow mint for tea in their yards, I guarantee you can find it.

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
9,174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: mint for mojitos

mint is amazing in Jamaica! Suz is right anyone should be able to help you-maybe even take you to the hills to pick some yourself. Great crops are grown in that area!

My friends have a home in Manchester on an old mint plantation-I took some mint to my bushbabys grandparents in Mobay and they said it was the best mint they ever had! so like coffee-there is all kinds of mint in Jamaica!

PEACE!

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,348 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mint for mojitos

We stay at Breezes Runaway Bay. For the past few years now they have been making Mojitos (at the lobby bar only). They don't bring it in though, they grow it on property in a greenhouse. They have a harder time keeping limes in stock.

Edited: 20 January 2012, 21:26
4. Re: mint for mojitos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2013, 10:43