We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Braco Beach Resort and Spa?

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
303 posts
10 reviews
Braco Beach Resort and Spa?

Hi all,

Just noticed Sunwing here in Canada is now offering this resort. In my research it appears to be formerly Breezes Rio Bueno (formerly Grand Lido Braco). My question is does anyone know if there is still the au natural area? Any information as to whom if anyone has taken over this resort or if it is being run by the government. Was hoping to find a little snorkelling there also....anyone know? I would love any thoughts or information about this as we just might give it a try.

Thanks,

Bsrb

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Braco Beach Resort and Spa?

I understand it is to be a family resort. No AN.

Actually it was built to be a family resort and what was the AN side when it was GLB was for families.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,235 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Braco Beach Resort and Spa?

I googled Braco Beach Resort and Spa and could not find any active information. Is this it's new name, and do they have a website?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
13,144 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Braco Beach Resort and Spa?

Recall that Breezes Braco has been leased by Sun Wing Limited and is being operated by Blue Diamond Resorts Limited.

From what I have read, it will reopen at the end of Jan/2011.

It is planned as a family resort.

There is a website but not updated so not worth referencing.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Braco Beach Resort and Spa?

Copied this from Sunwing's site

Braco Beach Resort & Spa

Rio Bueno P.O. Trelawny,Jamaica, Jamaica, Jamaica

Star rating

Destination: Jamaica View map View more info

Area: Rio Bueno

Escape to a Caribbean paradise and enjoy a relaxing vacation at the beautiful Braco Beach Resort and Spa. A charming resort, which resembles an old fashioned Jamaican village, the Braco Beach Resort and Spa provides guests with a tropical haven in Trelawny, one of the most stunning places in Jamaica. Situated on a seemingly endless stretch of powdery white sands that kiss picture perfect turquoise waters, this family-friendly resort features newly updated and well-appointed rooms with breathtaking views of the lush gardens or sparkling ocean. Enjoy an array of land and water activities for a day of nonstop action or retreat to one of the peaceful and intimate sanctuaries found throughout the resort. Children and teens will have the time of their lives at the supervised Mini and Teens Club with fun activities and games, while adults can lounge on the beach or by the pool, or relax with a refreshing drink at one of the several bars. Check out the charming village town while strolling along the cobblestone streets, indulge in fine cuisine at one of the many restaurants, or pamper yourself at the Blue Mahoe Spa. Evenings come alive with an adults only night club and nightly entertainment. Ensuring fun for all ages, the Braco Beach Resort and Spa offers couples and families an unforgettable vacation in the heart of the Caribbean.

Property Amenities : • 226 Room(s) • 2 Pool(s) • Medical Services ($) • Spa ($) • Conference facilities ($) • Teen Club • 5 Restaurant(s) • 7 Bar(s) ... View more info

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
5. Re: Braco Beach Resort and Spa?

the two sides -- former clothing side/former nude side, are so distinct and physically separated from one another, I wonder what the deal will be?

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
303 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Braco Beach Resort and Spa?

Thanks guys, looks like maybe Sunwing has this resort as They have done the same in Cuba, in Cayo Santa Maria with a couple of resorts from the Barcelo there. Will have to keep researching I guess, there doesnt seem to be alot of info yet anywhere. sunwing does seem to be representing it as a family resort so I would think the au natural is a thing of the past unless someone else has taken the au natural section over. I will keep an eye out for any new info and post, thanks for your info and comments.

Barb

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
303 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: Braco Beach Resort and Spa?

But i guess there also could be au natural families looking for resorts too...lol Guess I should not just assume a family resort cant be a nudist resort aswell.

Barb

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
89 reviews
8. Re: Braco Beach Resort and Spa?

You can get this resort on lots of the sites I use here in ON...like selloffvacations itravel2000.com but it states clearly and seemingly sadly that the resort will be closed effectively April 2012. I don't know what that is about but I wonder if that will mean the good deal is a good deal or whether it will be a mess as it is about to close - staff unhappy, less care and attention...who knows.

Oshawa, Canada
5 posts
9. Re: Braco Beach Resort and Spa?

Also on the information page posted it appears to be a superclubs resort which it is not! I have called both superclubs who inform me it is no longer their property and sunwing who can give me very little information ..... only telling me it is last breezes.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
303 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: Braco Beach Resort and Spa?

Well I did see a article that stated the Blue Diamond Group (owned by Sunwing) has leased the resort from the Jamaican government, Hopefully they will bring it back up to standards. Yes it was formerly Breezes Rio Bueno, I think the Blue Diamond took over running the place in late December of this year so its not surprising that some websites still haven't got the correct information. Well we didn't book but my Brother in Law and his significant other went ahead and booked this resort so I hope it all turns out well for them.

Thanks all.

Barb