We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Glistening Waters w/Michael Currie at Time & Place?

Oak Ridge, NC
Level Contributor
604 posts
Save Topic
Booking Glistening Waters w/Michael Currie at Time & Place?

I purchased a book on Jamaica and it said that you could contact Michael Currie at Time and place and he can take you to Glistening Waters in his glassbottom boat. In addition, it said that you can spend as much time there as you want, not just the 20 minutes that are allowed the other way. Has anyone done this, how was it, and last but not least, how much was it per person? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Have a Wonderful Day!!!

Gollyga

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Chukka Caribbean Adventures
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Pablo Tours Jamaica
Eco Tours, City Tours
Julious Tours Jamaica
River Rafting & Tubing, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Oak Ridge, NC
Level Contributor
604 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Glistening Waters w/Michael Currie at Time & Place?

If anyone has info on this or info on better ways to do the excursions, please let me know. We don't go to Starfish until July, but trying to gather what info I can.

Blessings to all!!!

Gollyga

Springfield...
Level Contributor
5,245 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Glistening Waters w/Michael Currie at Time & Place?

Golly we took a cab over to the lagoon and asked for a one way price that way we didn't pay for their time waiting on us as we at the restaurant beforehand. If you eat there your tickets for the lagoon are only $8.50 each otherwise $15 each. Funny thing was our cab driver left his phone # with the bartender to call him when we got ready to leave so he could get our fare again. The cabbies name was Nyron and he is a very nice man. He hangs out at Starfish and his wife has a booth over at Bamboo Village.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
5,245 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Glistening Waters w/Michael Currie at Time & Place?

Forgot about Michael. We've eaten at Time N Place but I don't remember seeing a boat there. Do a search for their website and send them an email. They were very prompt about emailing me back. You must go down there to eat one night. We walked down just before sunset and then cabbed back. I didn't want to walk the beach in the dark as I'm somewhat clumsy and didn't want to fall. Also the road from the resort to there is fairly dark as well.

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Glistening Waters w/Michael Currie at Time & Place?

Hello, I'm not 100% certain, but I think Michael hasn't been there for several years now.

Blessings and respect to all.

Steve

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Glistening Waters w/Michael Currie at Time & Place?

Krim thank you for the info I will be sure to keep that in mind when I go to Starfish in July myself.

Oak Ridge, NC
Level Contributor
604 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Glistening Waters w/Michael Currie at Time & Place?

Thanks everyone for your help!! Krim I will have to look Nyron up to take us. Yours, and Steve's info has been alot of help. I can't wait for our trip!! I booked our trip 5 weeks ago thru Cheap Caribbean for the 3 of us in a ROH room the 3rd week of July price $2,900.00. They have really gone down on the price of the cottage, so I just upgraded for an additional $362.00. From what everyone says we will be happier in the cottage, and I really didn't want to be in a high rise building. The latest reviews have been wonderful, I can't wait.

Blessings to everyone, Gollyga

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,391 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking Glistening Waters w/Michael Currie at Time & Place?

Have fun!

I do think you can still go by boat from Time n Place but you might stop by there or call and ask.

Remember to pick a dark night - clouds and/or little moon, the effect is better the darker it is.

We took the boat from the restaurant and it was longer than 20 minutes for sure, in fact we could have swum longer. Jerry, our guide, did not rush us. We did have our own boat for our group though.

Oak Ridge, NC
Level Contributor
604 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking Glistening Waters w/Michael Currie at Time & Place?

Ohliz,

Thanks for the info. We will actually be there theweek of the new moon, the best time. I didn't even plan on that, go figure.

All the best!!! Gollyga

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking Glistening Waters w/Michael Currie at Time & Place?

gollyga when will in July will you be there? I will be at the Starfish from either the 4th or 5th to the 11th or 12th, and it will be me and my 17 yr old daughter and my 14 yr old son. This will be our last 'family' vacation before my daughter goes off to college, and the first one we have ever taken overseas. :-)

Oak Ridge, NC
Level Contributor
604 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking Glistening Waters w/Michael Currie at Time & Place?

Medivet,

We will not be there until July 16-23. Hope you have a great time, and save some of the fun for us.

Take Care, Gollyga

Get answers to your questions about Runaway Bay