We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BRB, End of June/Early July 2012

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
BRB, End of June/Early July 2012

99 more Sleeps!

My wife and I will be returning (home) for our 5th time, to Breezes Runaway Bay. June 24th through July 6th. Celebrating our 14 year wedding anniversary on the 28th.

Last year we were once again very lucky to meet so many people who posted to this thread and were there the same time. Many were newcomers that were "bumped" from SuperFun when it shut down and were worried about the change. For most if not all of you it turned out to be a great upgrade!!!

So far I know a few of our past friends are already booked. Can't wait to see you all and all of the new friends we'll meet this year. If any one has any resort questions feel free to contact me.

I'm sure some changes will be in sSo, Who's going to be there End of June/Early July. Let the count down begin!!!!!

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BRB, End of June/Early July 2012

Edit got cut off.

I'm sure we will be in for some changes for the better or worse (already know that sadly Verona is gone), but BRB will still feel like home.

So, Who's going to be there? End of June/Early July. Let the count down begin!!!!!

Enjoy

Cocotel

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
302 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BRB, End of June/Early July 2012

Just saw this! We are trying to book for July 7 or 8 for one week! Sadly we will just miss you guys :(

What happened to Verona? She was SO fun!

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BRB, End of June/Early July 2012

Awww sorry we'll you. Verona got. Better deal at the Riu in Ochi.

Virginia
Level Contributor
912 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BRB, End of June/Early July 2012

My wife and I along with our kids (18 and 20) will be there unitl July 2 along with another couple we sometimes travel with. My wife and I have been to BRB 3 times and it will be the second time for our kids since we took them back when the min age was 14.They had a blast with the beach olympics and the trapeze stuff, they will miss the trapeze since I hear it's gone now.

I have a few more golf balls I need to lose across the street. :)

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BRB, End of June/Early July 2012

Hi RHVA, and welcome to the countdown! Yes the trapeze is gone.

Love to meet up for a drink. We have met almost everyone on our post for the past few years.

98 Sleeps.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: BRB, End of June/Early July 2012

I think that I will combine runaway bay with my iberostar trip so I'm thinking I will be there June 19 thru 22nd then to iberostar for 4 nights!! But I will just miss you again cocotel! So, Yay, I will be ther!!

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BRB, End of June/Early July 2012

Oh No Angie. So close. But at least ur going! Save some Rum for us. And by all means.... Stay on the countdown>>> 93 sleeps.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: BRB, End of June/Early July 2012

89 sleeps for me! Or 88, not sure, gotta count again!!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
178 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: BRB, End of June/Early July 2012

Whew, you must be tough to go then June/July is the hottest and wettest months of the year. I assume rates are really inexpensive then

Virginia
Level Contributor
912 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BRB, End of June/Early July 2012

Late June through late July is not part of the 'rainy months' as you call them. Avg rainfall is lower than May and far lower than August through October. Aug-Oct is when rates are lowest in Jamaica. it certainly can be hot, and of ourse you can get a week of rain out if sheer bad luck any month, but in July the odds are better than many months. Humidity is high but not as high as Aug -Oct. My wife and I have visited Jamaica during every month except Sept and Oct over the years and June/July is not bad at all.

All the best -

Get answers to your questions about Runaway Bay