We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Ambiance sold?

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Club Ambiance sold?

Staff have been told the resort has been sold and new owners take over at the end of May.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
90 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Ambiance sold?

Whoa - just ready to book - NOW WE'LL WAIT - just in cast the new owners decide to make too many changes! Don't want to book an adult resort and end up at a family resort, non AL, etc etc...........

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Ambiance sold?

I was there a month ago and you just had the feeling something was up.The talk was GBP next door were interested.If that is true then some major renos would be likely.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Ambiance sold?

Another tip off would be no reviews had been posted for weeks??

pwllheli
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Ambiance sold?

the shaw park hotel owner has bought it and hopefully will keep it as it is

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Ambiance sold?

Was just bout to book think I'll wait for a while now. I heard whispers it was being sold I hear it's now sold I hope the new owner keeps it as a hotel and don't change too much it could do with some work but it's so beautiful nice and small and cosy hope they dont change the staff as they are all so lovely and perfect I've had the best times of my life at this hotel id be devastated if they changed too much :(

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Club Ambiance sold?

Was just bout to book think I'll wait for a while now. I heard whispers it was being sold I hear it's now sold I hope the new owner keeps it as a hotel and don't change too much it could do with some work but it's so beautiful nice and small and cosy hope they dont change the staff as they are all so lovely and perfect I've had the best times of my life at this hotel id be devastated if they changed too much :(

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
90 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Club Ambiance sold?

Since we have never been to Shaw Park and aren't familiar with their concepts, does anyone have a thought if they will leave the nude beach area? This is a great amenity for an adult only resort.

The Beach
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Club Ambiance sold?

I spoke to my friend who worked at Club Ambiance until Monday 5/28. The staff were given notices of change in management to an "investment group" on Saturday 5/26. Some of the staff were laid off effective Monday 5/26. My friend, who was on the management team, did not know what the new owners have planned for concept or property. I am hopeful that the new owners will realize the value of their past guest list, and will keep the concept "adult only" and keep / improve / expand the nude beach area. I am already booked for August, so I will file a report of findings on return.

Southern MD
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Club Ambiance sold?

Being a frequent guest at CA, I am curious as to who or what positions have been eliminated. I've gotten to know many of the staff- management and workers- and am concerned as to their fate. The staff at CA has always been friendly and top rate. Hate to see any of them leave. Also hope the resort remains adults only,otherwise I'll have move on.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Club Ambiance sold?

Who knows how they made their decisions,from all indications there were secret shoppers over the last months.Cuts were made apparently in all departments.One that I heard that saddened me was Barney was let go.