We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breezes Runaway Bay Resort Snorkelling

bury
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Breezes Runaway Bay Resort Snorkelling

Can anyone tell me what the snorkelling is like just off the beach, is it good, bad, average....I have been to Maldives before and I am looking for something global that compares but at a fraction of the price.

Thanks

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Resort Snorkelling

The snorkeling just off the beach at BRB/JRB is fantastic.If your a good swimmer you can go beyond the marked off area and see caves and ledges, Plenty of fish. Pipers, Sargent Majors, barracuda, ells, stingrays from time to time.

Bring you own snorkel gear. You won't regret it.

Enjoy!

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Resort Snorkelling

We LOVED the snorkeling off the beach at breezes runaway bay as I am not a deep water swimmer I really enjoyed it. We saw some amazing fish not too far out. We stayed at couples sans souci last year and while it is a beautiful place we were so disappointed there is nothing to see off their small cove beach. would go back to breezes (now Jewel) in a heartbeat.

Perryton, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Resort Snorkelling

My wife and i went and got some snorkel gear just for our trip there in August. From all i have read it sounds like a great place.

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Resort Snorkelling

Bring a little bread or banana from the breakfest buffet to feed them. You'll see hundreds.

New Castle, Colorado
Level Contributor
87 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Resort Snorkelling

The snorkeling is awsome straight off the beach. The reef is fairly long and has differing depths depending on what you are comfortable with. Some of it is bleached out and dead, but there is still alot of life and some beautiful colors. If you are a good swimmer, the ocean side of the reef is spectacular with a depth in the 20' range. Bring your own gear, you will not be disappointed.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Resort Snorkelling

Fill up an empty water bottle with bread..................just squuse and watch the fish come.

7. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay Resort Snorkelling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 14:16