We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parasailing in Runaway Bay

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Parasailing in Runaway Bay

My family will be travelling to BRB/JRB in August. On past trips to BRB we have rented waverunners but we have never seen any parasailing there. We haven't been to BRB for a couple of years though, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me if waverunner rentals are still available there and if parasailing is now available? Also, how much can I expect to pay? Would like to rent at least 2 waverunners, preferably 4, and also would like to take a 2 person tandem parasailing ride. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parasailing in Runaway Bay

BRB never offered waverunners. There were locals just the other side of the property line that rented them at your own risk.

In all of my trips to Runaway Bay I have never seen parasailing.

Enjoy

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Parasailing in Runaway Bay

Correct, we rented the waverunners from the locals. I also have never seen any parasailing. However, I've been emailing back and forth with Paul Williams to schedule our outings while in Jamaica and told him we were interested in parasailing while in Jamaica. Last I had heard parasailing was only available at Ocho Rios or Montego Bay. Paul, however, mentioned that we would be able to parasail in Runaway Bay so just wanted to confirm.

Runaway Bay, Jamaica
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Parasailing in Runaway Bay

You can contact Resort Divers regarding parasailing.

I have never seen it in Runaway Bay either but Sharky (owner of Resort Divers & Sharky's bar & restaurant on Salem's Fisherman Beach) would be your man to check. They mention it on their website...

They do all sorts of water sports & are usually very good at replying to emails.

http://www.resortdivers.com/

4. Re: Parasailing in Runaway Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 17:15