We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luminous Lagoon

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Luminous Lagoon

We will soon be at JRB, so I'm trying to finalize some of our arrangements. We have scheduled a few days with Paul Williams (per the suggestions of many on TA) to do Dunns River Falls, Nine Mile, and Luminous Lagoon. I was wondering if anyone has gone to Luminous Lagoon from JRB and if so, what time did you leave the resort? I'm not quite sure what time to tell Paul to pick us up. Also could anyone who has been to the resort recently suggest a good night to do Luminous Lagoon. We were planning on doing it Thursday, but we don't want to miss any special nights at JRB either.

11 more sleeps!!!! :)

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luminous Lagoon

Never been to the lagoon in JA but have been to the one in PR. Look at the moon chart and see if your stay will fall close to a new moon. The darker the night the better!!! You can always email Paul and ask his oppinion. When you see him tell him Cocotel and the mrs. say hi!

As for Thurday night at the resort. You will be missing the managers cocktail party and the Gala dinner set up poolside (weather permitting).

Enjoy!

Aurora, Illinois
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Luminous Lagoon

Thanks Cocotel. That's exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping to get. I definitely don't want the family to miss the gala dinner. So I think I'm going to contact Paul to see if we can reschedule. What's going on Friday evening? According to a website I found, Jamaica will have a new moon on Friday 8/17/12.

Any other days (or nights), besides Thursday that we will want to be around the resort?

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luminous Lagoon

If my memory serves me right (to much rum) Mondays are beach party nights. Again weather pending the buffet and dinner tables are set up on the beach along with the nightly show!

Aurora, Illinois
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Luminous Lagoon

Too much rum???? Nah!!!!! lol

Thanks for the help Coco!!!!

Lansing, Iowa
Level Contributor
186 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luminous Lagoon

how far is luminous lagoon from JRB?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Luminous Lagoon

Good question.... Anybody know???

7. Re: Luminous Lagoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 22:15