We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gateraid

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cavendish, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cayo Coco
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Gateraid

Can you buy powdered gateraid in Jamaica?

I like to mix it with water the next day after over indulging in cocktails.

Thank's.

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gateraid

Do you mean Gatorade? If so, I don't recall seeing it anywhere.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gateraid

Definitely can find those sports drinks... Used to get them all the time... Brand names may vary (I've had powerade, Gatorade and something else)... Depends where you go...

When all else fails, I've always found coconut water is good for the same purpose...

Chelle

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,635 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gateraid

Why not bring the powdered stuff with you?

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gateraid

I just picked up some small packets to bring on my next trip. Takes up little to no room and at least I know I will have it when or if I need it. Last year we picked up a few bottles at the airport ($5 ea for a smaller bottle), Never again.

Cavendish, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cayo Coco
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gateraid

Yes I meant gatorade,thank you. I will bring a can with me. $5.00 for a little bottle expensive!

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gateraid

Banshee, you can buy small packets that make 20oz each. Much easier to pack!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gateraid

you know what... i actually remember thinking, this is much cheaper here than back home... i think one of those personal sized 1L numbers ran us between 100 and 150j where they are as high as 2.50 CAD... or more... it wasn't that expensive that i'd worry about packing... and well, airport pricing is airport pricing...

i find that soft drinks in jamaica are *usually* reasonably priced... they bottle most of the stuff there so there's not a huge import levy on them... if you are buying these things is VERY tourist areas or places where you just don't have a choice (airports, inside concert gates) expect to pay more...

Chelle

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gateraid

Chell - OP asked about powder - have you seen that? I haven't. Plenty of bottles.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gateraid

oh... haven't seen the powder, but I've never looked...

Chelle

the pas manitoba
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gateraid

I would just buy the powder as well. At home we keep hockey players throughout the winter and we cannot keep enough bottled gatorade in the 3 fridges we have, never mind one. Powder lasts longer, is easier to store. Tastes just as good when mixed properly.

Coming from Charlottetown, Canadian...do you like Ceasars? Last time we packed the packages of Ceasar Pleasers for our "morning after" drinks. Much to our surprise we found Jamaica to be the one place that actually had really Clamato!