We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Resort in Runaway Bay

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grand Falls...
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Best Resort in Runaway Bay

Would like to know what is the best resort in Runaway Bay. Something with a nice beach, nice pools and great staff.

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Resort in Runaway Bay

Jewel Runaway Bay!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
90 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Resort in Runaway Bay

Depends if you want adults only or family. Jamaica Jamaica - Breezes Runaway Bay now the Jewel Runaway Bay. This property would have been my pick also. Wish they would have kept it adults only.

Grand Falls...
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Resort in Runaway Bay

Would of liked adults only but we generally stay at family properties. We take our holiday in March and not during Easter vacation so there are usually very few children around.

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Resort in Runaway Bay

Adult Only AI in Jamiaca is getting harder and harder to come by. There are Couples resorts, Jewel Dunns River, Hedo, and Im sure a handfull of others but most have changed there business structure to family.

Grand Falls...
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Resort in Runaway Bay

Cocotel251 sounds like you know your way around Jamaica. This would be our first trip. Have done, Dominican a few times, Cuba and Mexico. Last year we took a break from the all inclusives and went to Florida for two weeks. But thought Jamaica would be great this year. However I'm hearing alot of negatives about beaches and resorts. So hard to choose. A beach is important to us but the nicest beaches are in Negril as I'm told. Don't want to go that far. Would be happy with any help you could give me. Thanks

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Resort in Runaway Bay

Mac, Negril from MoBay is about the same trip as to Runaway Bay. Many will agree that the beach at Jewel Runaway Bay is 2nd best to that in Negril. Plus a beautiful reef for snorkling. If you can get past the fact that it will be a "family resort" it's a wonderful place with a great staff! If you want something adult, Jewel Dunns river is just another 20min down the road.

Glad to help where I can. Feel free to private message any questions also.

Enjoy.

Edited: 02 October 2012, 16:34
Clifton Illinois
Level Contributor
216 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Resort in Runaway Bay

We just got back from 10 days at the Royal Decameron Fun Carribean in Runway Bay. We had a awesome vacation. The pools, food, beach, room, and staff were all excellent. We also had access to the Royal Decameron Club Carribean, so two for the price of one. Let me know if u have any questions. I think alot of people are overlooking this resort. My review should post in the next couple of days.

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Resort in Runaway Bay

RDFC is a nice looking property but it has a VERY small beach! It is the old Hedo III.

Cabo Rojo, Puerto...
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Resort in Runaway Bay

Can anyone give me their oppinion of Braco Village? It looks like such a beautiful resort.

Thanks

L

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Resort in Runaway Bay

Never been to Braco but I can tell you it was once part of the Super Clubs collection. If they are no longer running it can't be all that bad!

Enjoy!