My husband and I along with another couple will be at Jewel Runaway Bay on Jan 1st through the 8th and I have a few questions:
1. I love to snorkel and have read that snorkeling off the beach is great. Will there be snorkel gear available for me to go right off the property there? I've seen mixed comments on this...
2. Can anyone give me the theme nights? I know Monday is beach party night, Thurs managers cocktail party, is there any others? And does anyone know when the Silver birds steel drum band plays? What time does the nightly entertainment start?
3. On the website is states all the restaurants are now OK with dress shorts/sandals for men...just double checking on this as I know it was a rule just recently changed and we wont pack the long pants/closed toe shoes if we don't need to.
4. Is there a daily news letter or note that we get that states the times for activites every day? We love pool and beach volleyball, and I like water aerobics and love partaking in activites like that...
5. In the past we have gotten a Digicel phone to use to call back home. Last time we hired a driver to take us from the Sandals Montego bay to the Digicel store to get one. We would like to get a phone again since we have little ones and it's nice to be able to be reached easily. Never been to Runaway bay before, any advise on an easy way to get one?
6. We aren't doing much off resort this time, but would like to set up one day to go half day to Sharkies and the other half day to Jewel Dunns River Resort. Any advise on this? Wait to book through hotel tour desk? Contact Sharkies/Resort Divers beforehand? Things we are interested in doing at Sharkies: parasailing, going on a party cruise/ tube or banana boat and of course have the lobster! And we want to check out JDR to scope it out for our 2015 trip, and just to enjoy it in general.
7. Scott, who should I email regarding a room request? And also I was on the website trying to figure out where all the room categories are...what room category is the 1st floor Turqoise building?
Whew! thanks in advance~