We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about our upcoming JRB visit...

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lansing, Iowa
Level Contributor
186 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about our upcoming JRB visit...

My husband and I along with another couple will be at Jewel Runaway Bay on Jan 1st through the 8th and I have a few questions:

1. I love to snorkel and have read that snorkeling off the beach is great. Will there be snorkel gear available for me to go right off the property there? I've seen mixed comments on this...

2. Can anyone give me the theme nights? I know Monday is beach party night, Thurs managers cocktail party, is there any others? And does anyone know when the Silver birds steel drum band plays? What time does the nightly entertainment start?

3. On the website is states all the restaurants are now OK with dress shorts/sandals for men...just double checking on this as I know it was a rule just recently changed and we wont pack the long pants/closed toe shoes if we don't need to.

4. Is there a daily news letter or note that we get that states the times for activites every day? We love pool and beach volleyball, and I like water aerobics and love partaking in activites like that...

5. In the past we have gotten a Digicel phone to use to call back home. Last time we hired a driver to take us from the Sandals Montego bay to the Digicel store to get one. We would like to get a phone again since we have little ones and it's nice to be able to be reached easily. Never been to Runaway bay before, any advise on an easy way to get one?

6. We aren't doing much off resort this time, but would like to set up one day to go half day to Sharkies and the other half day to Jewel Dunns River Resort. Any advise on this? Wait to book through hotel tour desk? Contact Sharkies/Resort Divers beforehand? Things we are interested in doing at Sharkies: parasailing, going on a party cruise/ tube or banana boat and of course have the lobster! And we want to check out JDR to scope it out for our 2015 trip, and just to enjoy it in general.

7. Scott, who should I email regarding a room request? And also I was on the website trying to figure out where all the room categories are...what room category is the 1st floor Turqoise building?

Whew! thanks in advance~

Maryann G

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,315 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about our upcoming JRB visit...

Thursday night is also the managers Gala dinner pool side. There are activity boards with daily events (lobby, swim up pool area). That's all I'm able to offer at this time. I'll be there Jan. 12th.

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,878 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about our upcoming JRB visit...

Hi Iowa, sorry I have been away with limited access to the Internet. Let me see if incan answer some of these now and I will get back with the rest when I am in office.

Yes you can snorkel off the beach and get gear .

Silver birds are Sunday night show times start at I believe nine.

Dress shorts collared shirt and dress sandals for men are correct

Yes there is a jewel times every day and an activity board in the lobby

My island mentioned that there is a store nearby. I personally do not know where it is but will find out for you when you arrive and I will also put you on to my Digicel representative that handles our account

You can email Keisha.richards@jewelresorts.com for requests she can also set you up with tours and such.

Scott from jewel

Lansing, Iowa
Level Contributor
186 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about our upcoming JRB visit...

thank you Scott!

So excited I can't sleep...12 more days...:)

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,147 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about our upcoming JRB visit...

Hey all you JRB fans ( or future JRB fans). Need to add 3 days on to your trip, or looking to visit for a long weekend:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll…

Animal House Jamaica, it is a great cause !

5. Re: Questions about our upcoming JRB visit...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2013, 06:16