We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Decameron Fun ???

new england
Level Contributor
410 posts
Save Topic
Royal Decameron Fun ???

How is the beach is the sand white and water clear?? How is the resturants a la catres is there a dress code for men if so what is it?? The rooms roh how are they ?? This place is looking nice also How far from the airport?? Thank you

Lansing, Michigan
Level Contributor
12 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Decameron Fun ???

We will be there march 13-18. I have been looking for some information on this as well.

Clifton Illinois
Level Contributor
227 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Decameron Fun ???

I was at the RDFC the end of October last year. I can answer most of your questions. There are 2 beaches at this resort. The main beach and the adult beach. Both are kind of small. I thought the sand and water were fine. Not perfectly white sand but beach was clean and the water was warm and clear. The snorkeling was pretty good too. Everyday I pulled by beach chair down into the water and just laid there with the waves crashing on me. I still think about being there in that spot everyday!!! There are 2 ala cartes, we went to the Japanese and had a nice experience. There really is no dress code...just no tank tops. My husband just wore nice shorts and a shirt with a collar and his sandals (not flip-flops). I just wore a sundress and everything was fine. We never went to the Italian but heard it was hit or miss. Some nights good and some bad. You can also go to the Royal Decameron Club Carribean. There is a free shuttle that leave several times a day. They have 2 ala cartes also. A Seafood and a Thi restaurant. We only went to the Seafood one and did not care for it very much, but they do have a really good buffet. As far as the rooms go....I really had no complaints. We had a ROH room and the air conn worked great, the jacuzzi tub was good, and the bed was the most comfortable I ever had on vacation. Yes, they need a little updating but just ask for a different one if you are not happy They are very nice about helping with all requests. The ride from the airport was about an hour and it did not seem long. The staff at this resort is top notch. The bartenders, waiters, fun crew, lifeguards, everyone is just great. We stayed for 10 days and we were totally happy. I can't wait to go back...just looking for a good deal!! I will be glad to answer any more ???'s.

Saint Marys...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Decameron Fun ???

My husband and I went to RDFC at the end of Nov 2012 for 7 days. We didnt arrive until 11pm and they had the bar open and music going. It was just what we needed to wind down from a day of airports and flying. When we got to our room the ONLY!! thing that stood out the most was the mirrors on the cealing above the bed and tub and the mirrors around the head board of the bed... LOTS OF MIRRORS!! Our A/C leaked really bad and the floors are tile so we were slipping and sliding and if not careful could really hurt yourself. We complained for 2 days and was finally changed to another room... and YES there were mirrors in there too! Our room overlooked the ocean and was just breath taking and we had the adult only pool right outside our room. Our only real complaint was that the pool was freezing and they only had the slide and water features on for 1hr a day. The activites were hit and miss, but we were not there to be entertained so that was fine with us. The food was ok. Its Jamiaca and everything is imported so you have alot of weird things to choose from on the buffets. If you are a picky eater you are screwed! The bar and I say bar because they only had 1 open the whole time we were there. It was great the people were very friendly and I never had an empty glass. Im sure because we stayed at OFF SEASON the resort had scaled back alot of things so thats why we didnt get the full feel of what is offered there. We did see lots of renovations going on also. With all that said we had a great time. We felt like we were the only people there and noone bothered us. It was just bonding and relaxing. We are actually planning a trip back in June so that we can expierence this resort in the Summer!

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Decameron Fun ???

Amanda, this resort is one of the old Hedonism's. That's why all the mirrors.

Bridgewater, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Decameron Fun ???

Beaches ,No white sand, small but not busy , adult beach is very quiet. There is alot of sea grass in the water making swimming and snorkling less appealing.

Orangeville, Canada
Level Contributor
659 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Decameron Fun ???

Jmfun we will be there march 14!

7. Re: Royal Decameron Fun ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2014, 05:16