We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Decameron Fun Caribbean

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lansing, Michigan
Level Contributor
12 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Decameron Fun Caribbean

Does anyone have information on the Royal Decameron Fun Caribbean Resort? I am curious about the new management coming in and if it affecting the staff and or service. I am also wondering about the night life around there. Any information would be helpful. Trip is scheduled for March 13-18. Thank you in advance.

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Decameron Fun Caribbean

Much is up in the at this point. We know Sagicor bought the property but still awaiting news as to who will manage it. Popular belief is Ambridge will manage and the resort will be run as Jewel property. Stay tuned!

Dorchester, Nebraska
Level Contributor
244 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Decameron Fun Caribbean

Shoot. Won't get to have the "sister resort" experience....we're going to RDCC in October. :-(

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Decameron Fun Caribbean

I have been trying to book our vacation in October and it is showing no rooms available. Any word on this property would be appreciated.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
149 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Decameron Fun Caribbean

My friend booked for 17-31st May, she lives in America (I'm from England) but she received an email to say her reservation would be moved to RDCC as the RDFC ceases trading 30th April.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Decameron Fun Caribbean

Thank you for the info Princess

I found an article in the Jamaica Observer dated Feb. 23, 2013.

Sagicor bought RDFC and plans to "refurbish the rooms and main guest areas, and expects to start operating the property as an adult-only resort next winter season, which begins in December. The product offering will be focused on healthy lifestyle and sports. Decameron will continue to operate the hotel as a family resort until the end of summer."

We fell in love with this property and are very disappointed that we won't be able to stay there in October. The hunt is on for a new property.

6. Re: Royal Decameron Fun Caribbean

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2014, 06:16