We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roll Call RDCC 26th July to 17th Aug - Getting excited now !

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
RHONDDA VALLEY'S...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Roll Call RDCC 26th July to 17th Aug - Getting excited now !

4 generations of our family back again for 3 weeks this year !

Anyone from here be there ? ?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roll Call RDCC 26th July to 17th Aug - Getting excited now !

Ugh! We are leaving the 25th! :(

West Stockwith...
Level Contributor
99 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roll Call RDCC 26th July to 17th Aug - Getting excited now !

We are going for two weeks for the first time! From the first of Aug .Excited! Hoping we get a decent room as we booked last minute and are down for a double.I have emailed them to ask for an upgrade to a cottage if poss, maybe see you there!

Edited: 14 July 2013, 11:45
Neath, Wales...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roll Call RDCC 26th July to 17th Aug - Getting excited now !

yup!! been reading some negative reviews, can you give reassurance??

RHONDDA VALLEY'S...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Roll Call RDCC 26th July to 17th Aug - Getting excited now !

Melanie, It depends what you want / expect from a holiday or what you have been acustomed too over the years. IMHO This is a very rustic, very small personal place, a 3* don't forget very unlike some of the marble floored & 5* luxury multi skyscraper buildings, that you will pass on your way to the resort.

(been to a few of those too over the years, not my cup of tea.)

We have been to RDCC previously all different time's of the year through a hurricane, super storm, tail end of a typhoon, we have been there when the whole beach was black, full of huge boulders & tree's, the gardens were ruined all the tree's snapped in half, the restaurant & jetty bar were taken out to sea. Needless to say within 24-48hrs the resort was spotless again. Even after all this we return.

Also (maybe worst of all lol) been there when the French & their out of control children are there with no respect for anything mashing up the grounds, hammocks & killing the various animals for fun.

(not every one, just most of them)

The spirt of the Jamaican people is infectious, they stare in the face of adversity every day.

As Bob said, don't worry about a ting coz every little ting gonna be alright.

You will make up your own mind regardless what other people say..

Peace

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roll Call RDCC 26th July to 17th Aug - Getting excited now !

Have a great vacation

Neath, Wales...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roll Call RDCC 26th July to 17th Aug - Getting excited now !

Thanks for that, we haven't really taken any notice of the bad reviews anyway but what you have said is reassuring. hope you have a great holiday, may well see you next week :)

Rhondda, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Roll Call RDCC 26th July to 17th Aug - Getting excited now !

cheers bob

also melanie, if your not happy with anything, just say & you can move rooms no problem(if available) & even if the whole resort is not your cup of tea & you feel secluded or want bigger pool, swim up bar, balcony etc you could move to the sister property in montego bay near the hip strip it's called royal decameron montego beach. the hotel are forever posting fliers under the door for an upgrade, it's a 4* it's a nice place too, small like RDCC & very close to the airport. no worries just enjoy yourself. once you go, you know.

you will either be shocked as soon as you step off the plane/get out of airport & all the locals may be too overwhelming & you may never go back (like my mam & dad lol) or you will embrace the culture & way of life & really enjoy yourself like the in-laws & 82 yr old grandmother. it's up to you.

see you there everyone

West Stockwith...
Level Contributor
99 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Roll Call RDCC 26th July to 17th Aug - Getting excited now !

We are going for the first time on the 2.8 for two weeks. We got a really good deal on the internet but it was advertised as a double room so I'm hoping its ok. Ive read a lot about these courtyard rooms and emailed to see if we can have a cottage! Anyway i cant wait. Has any one experience of the basic rooms recently as i heard they've been redecorated ?? Anyway hope to see you soon

Lesley

Rhondda, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Roll Call RDCC 26th July to 17th Aug - Getting excited now !

hi lesley,

yes see you there, you just miss jamaican emancipation day (aug 1st)

independence day (aug 6th) should be lively with some local/national celebrations going on.

yes the courtyard rooms are nice enough, it's just the location of them to the front of the resort it can get a bit noisy in the night (traffic), but hey on the flip side the tree frogs, crickets & lizards etc in the gardens all around the cottages are very loud at night & some people even complain, & about the sea /waves being to loud in the beachfront cottages when the sea is rough (can you believe some people)

bring ear plugs if you sleep lightly lol. these noises lull me gently to sleep !

back to the rooms they have all been done out with flat screens tv & i think you even get a fridge in those courtyard rooms which you don't automatically get in the cottages but then again havn't been since last april & lot's change every time. new jamaican manager now & the peacocks/hens have gone already as again noise complaints (somebody actually thought all the noises were coming from speakers hidden in all the trees & asked to have them turned down or off completely at night ! lol

only 4 sleeps to go yippee.

West Stockwith...
Level Contributor
99 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Roll Call RDCC 26th July to 17th Aug - Getting excited now !

So long as my room and bathroom is clean and don't smell musty like some carribean resorts do from the humidity I will be happy!

I will be bringing earplugs and my hubby will sleep through anything. Some of the negative reviews on here make me chuckle! The newest one is from someone complaining all you get is stew for breakfast lunch and dinner! Anyway, there are enough good, sensible reviews on here for me not to be alarmed. Really looking forward to a well earned two weeks in a lovely country we lots to see and some laughs. Thanks for the advice.

Hope to see you there! Ps can you tell me if any nearby public beaches are good and easily accessible by taxi etc??