We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewel Transfer

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Totowa, New Jersey
3 posts
Save Topic
Jewel Transfer

My husband and I have finally booked Jewel Runaway! I can’t wait for Aug 31st to come, this is our 1st time to Jamaica. I was hoping to get some in sight as to how the transfer from the airport to the resort works. We will be arriving in Montage Bay at 11:30 what time should we estimate getting to the resort? My husband is slightly impatient, we are traveling from NJ and doesn’t want to be stuck in a bus for 2 hours after flying. We have been to Aruba and the one time we took the transfer it seemed to stop at every resort is this similar?

atlanta
Level Contributor
173 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewel Transfer

After you get through immigration and get your bags look for Desk 21 (JTL Tours). They were very fast and helpful. They will give you a transfer voucher for the driver to take you to the resort. There are many drivers (clearly marked JTL Tours) once you exit the airport doors by the small Margaritaville bar outside.

As far as "being impatient" you're in Jamaica mon, relax, get a Red Stripe (or two) from the bar outside the airport and enjoy the (roughly) 1 hr 20 min ride to Jewel Runaway Bay. After 10 visits to Jamaica one of the things my wife and I enjoy the most is the ride to the resort. The excitement of being back in Jamaica and anticipation of getting to the resort just means you're at the beginning of another great vacation!

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewel Transfer

If your husband is impatient there are some things you can do. Club MoBay offers an arrival service. A representative will meet you when you get off the plane and fast track you through immigration, help you get your luggage and fast track you through customs. Depending on how busy the airport is when you arrive will determine if this service will actually save you any time. Generally noon to 2:OO on a Saturday or Sunday is going to be the busiest time at the airport. Going late August will cut down on the business a bit as it is considered off season. I personally have stood in the immigration line for well over an hour, a friend of mine last year was in line for 2 hours (these examples are extremes). I believe the pricing on the Club Mobay arrival service is $80 per person.

The other thing you can do is book a private transfer to the resort. This alleviates the possibility of waiting at the airport for the transfer company to fill up the bus or van and alleviates the potential for stops at multiple resorts. I use Reggae Tours. Round trip to Runaway Bay for a private transfer for two people is $120.

You can go to the Montego Bay Airport website to view how many planes are coming in around the time that your flight is landing, that will give you somewhat of an idea of how busy the immigration and customs lines will be.

Hope this helps.

atlanta
Level Contributor
173 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jewel Transfer

Yes, the immigration line is the most frustrating point on the trip in. There have been times (usually weekdays) where we have gone through immigration in 30 minutes and there has been one time where it took almost 2 hours (weekend). On average though you have to plan on around an hour+...

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jewel Transfer

Hi Danielle, coming from NJ it's to bad you didn't book the Caribben air flight from JFK. It leave early (5:50am) but your the first flight in with no lines. We got to Jewel and breakfest was still being served. From the time you say you are landing it sounds like maybe JetBlue?

Enjoy.

Totowa, New Jersey
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Jewel Transfer

Thank you everyone for the information! No, I wish it was actually we are flying US Airway from Newark. They did have a 5am flight and I didn't book that only because check in isn't till 3pm I wasn't sure if I would be able to either check in that early.

Boston,MA
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jewel Transfer

loudness I agree so much about the transfer to the resort. After going many times I just love to relax and have a Red Stripe on the way there. It's a good time to destress after the flight and take in the sights of Jamaica. Enjoy!!!

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jewel Transfer

Danielle, your room may not be ready that early but they will watch your bags an the resort is yours!

8. Re: Jewel Transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 06:20