We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather - scaring me a little about our JRB trip next week

Ft. Worth Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Weather - scaring me a little about our JRB trip next week

We are headed to JRB next week and the weather reports are scaring me a little. 20 - 40% chance of rain for our whole stay. Last time I went to Hawaii it rained about every day, but it was a nice gentle warm rain that didn't interrupt outdoor activities. Went to Mexico and when it rained it was not something pleasant to be out in. So, what's it like in Runaway Bay when it rains? Are we talking light sprinkles, or a deluge? Calm me down folks, my trip is not refundable, lol.

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather - scaring me a little about our JRB trip next week

Rains most every day. Sometimes over night, sometimes for a few minutes late afternoon. No worries. It's Jamaican liquid sunshine.

Enjoy!

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather - scaring me a little about our JRB trip next week

Last week weather was forecasted for 30% chance of rain every day. We had a couple hours of rain one afternoon and sunshine the rest of the time. No worries.

nova scotia
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather - scaring me a little about our JRB trip next week

20-40% rain = 60-80% NO rain! Cannot control it, don't worry about it, especially considering you are travelling during rainy season - just makes everything that much lusher!

Hubby and I will be in Negril this weekend, which is usually a bit drier, but if it rains, it rains... put on your ball cap and (if there is no thunder/lightning) head to the nearest hot tub with your favorite bevvy - enjoy!

Conception Bay...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather - scaring me a little about our JRB trip next week

we just got back from gran bahia principe in runaway bay yesterday. weather was great. only one day where it rained enough to even notice. couple of mornings we woke to a little rain overnight, but nothing of note. have a blast, we did!!!

Windsor, Canada
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather - scaring me a little about our JRB trip next week

If it does rain, it doesn't last long. Before you know it, the rain has stopped & the sun is out again. No need to worry. Have fun, forget the umbrella & bring lots of sunscreen!

Ft. Worth Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather - scaring me a little about our JRB trip next week

Thanks everyone!!

7. Re: Weather - scaring me a little about our JRB trip next week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Runaway Bay
Recent Conversations