We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfers to Runaway Bay

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Airport transfers to Runaway Bay

We are travelling to Bahia Principe Resort in Jamaica in November with Air Transat. We understand the bus transfer from the airport to the hotel is a direct transfer and will take 1 hour 15 min.Has anyone used the included transfer and how is the trip and the bus? Would it be more advisable to hire a private transfer? What about the return trip. How long before the flight do they make you leave the resort. I know it is an hour to airport, but do we have to be there 3 hours before departure. Thanks for the help

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
United States
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfers to Runaway Bay

"How long before the flight do they make you leave the resort."

You want to leave the hotel about 4 hr. before flight time or maybe a few min. less.

Ontario
Level Contributor
350 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfers to Runaway Bay

It all comes down to how much you are willing to spend to stay an extra hour at the resort. Yes, they do leave 3 - 4 hours prior to flight time, but they have to allow for break-downs, flat tire, etc. and still get you to the airport on time.

We have always used the included transfer and had no problems, and saved $$$.

Nuneaton...
Level Contributor
460 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transfers to Runaway Bay

Hi sherrybaby55

I agree with all that has already been written. If you have already paid for direct transport, use it. If you think that it is not, then use a private hire taxi. May be you want to arrive in style, in which case, you must then hire a limo, lol.

As for the return journey, I always use the company's transport. My arguement is that, if there is a problem with that veihcle and we are all late arriving, we cannot be left behind. If I was alone and late arriving, the flight could leave without me.

Just my thoughts and way.

Enjoy you holiday

Regards,

1november

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transfers to Runaway Bay

Thanks 1november........good point about being left behind!

5. Re: Airport transfers to Runaway Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 06:19