We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JRB Takes Your Passport?

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
JRB Takes Your Passport?

I've read in a couple of posts that JRB takes your passport and credit card information on arrival. We travel twice a year and have done so for over 16 years. We have had, at some resorts but not all, a request for a credit card on arrival to cover any incidentals. I can understand this policy. I don't, however, understand having my passport taken. Is it just to take a copy and the original is then given back?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Chris

New York
Level Contributor
390 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JRB Takes Your Passport?

They take credit card for incidentals and passport for identification purposes for check in. Passport is given right back to you.

Orillia Ontario
Level Contributor
218 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JRB Takes Your Passport?

All resorts that I have been to take your passport as you identification.. It is no big deal and like Sentra said it is given right back.

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JRB Takes Your Passport?

Thanks...that's all I needed to know. Weird that I don't recall ever having my passport taken previously. Having said that, I do find I get more forgetful as the years pass! :-)

Virginia
Level Contributor
908 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JRB Takes Your Passport?

I have visited Jamaica like 30 times and outside the airport I don't think anyone has asked to see my passport, including check in (including JRB). I have been asked for a credit card impression for incidentals, but never passport. I wonder if this is a new policy of some sort?

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JRB Takes Your Passport?

All 3 trips to JRB I have been asked for passports for identification. It's given right back. No biggie. Never at the previous run resort. I guess Jewel just wants to dot their I's and cross their T's to be sure the info is correct.

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JRB Takes Your Passport?

The taking of the passport is purely for validation of your credit card, it should be returned to you promptly following which you should lock it in the safe in your room. If you travel off resort and use identification for credit card, go with a driver's licence.

7. Re: JRB Takes Your Passport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2014, 06:19