We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i'm going on thursday

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Topic
i'm going on thursday

i'm abit nervous and exited , i'm staying at RDCC has anyone got any tips and is the sun shining

UK
Level Contributor
611 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: i'm going on thursday

It is shining.

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: i'm going on thursday

@Toby, bring sunscreen..............lots!

East Windsor, New...
Level Contributor
526 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: i'm going on thursday

Why are you nervous, Tobydog99? Jamaica is a fantastic country with wonderful people and Runaway Bay is so great! Been there several times and we are heading there again in February. We have never been to RDCC before, but it gets some good reviews.

Tips? The people that work at the resort word hard. Bring some money for tips for those that made you smile. Bring some school supplies and visit a local school. The kids will love you forever! Or bring some soccer balls and a pump.

I see you were questioning Paul Williams in other posts. Great guy that I use every time we come south, and he is a FB friend of mine. You will be comfortable with Paul within 15 seconds of meeting him.

Meet strangers and laugh with them, whether they are visiting or are locals. Most importantly, respect all others.

And....the sun always shines in Jamaica.

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: i'm going on thursday

Thanks for the replies i'm really looking forward to it but i'm a little nervous because I have difficulty walking and have never been to Jamaica before so I don't really know what to expect, i'm sure it's going to be great though

UK
Level Contributor
611 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: i'm going on thursday

If you still have difficulty with your spine, be sure to tell the driver who brings you to the resort. The resorts should be fairly disability friendly. Make sure to inform them of your needs.

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: i'm going on thursday

thank you i'm sure everything will be ok

Plainwell, Michigan
Level Contributor
836 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: i'm going on thursday

19 more days for the hubby and me!! Here are my favorites to bring~

My travel “must haves:

•Bubba keg

•Small insulated mug for ice to keep my lip balm cool and refreshing so it doesn’t melt.

•Wild beach towel~ to identify “my spot” on the beach or at the pool and to use as a blanket on the plane (and I know it’s mine) which fits nicely in my beach (carry-on) bag.

•Ziploc bags

~ for stuff at the beach like camera, phone, Ipod, etc. or lotions/oils

~ for leftovers or snacks to be brought to the room, beach, pool or on excursions. (Some resorts will pack you a disposable picnic lunch.)

~ for shells

•Clothespins to hang up swimsuits and to hold down my towel on a windy beach day.

•Range of sunscreens. It is better to have too much than not enough. Ours range from a 50+ face stick, to 30, 15, 8, 4 ,2 and no sunscreen. We usually use it all by slowly decreasing the number and end up with a GREAT tan.

•$1.00 bills for tipping. It usually isn’t necessary but we want to as it helps the Jamaican people.

•Tealight candles for a little ambiance in the tub

•Blow-up raft or kickboard (and leave it when done.)

•Nature’s Season Salt (a blend of salt, pepper, celery, garlic and onion salts) just in case we encounter “bland” food.

•First aid kit. We usually add some more items to it like anti-diarrhea meds., anti-itch cream, allergy relief tabs., and DEET bug spray. At times we have had to use one thing or another.

•Glow in the dark bracelets for the FUN nightlife.

•Paperback novels/magazines

•Deck of playing cards. (Meeting other couples and a few rounds of Euchre' is FUN!!)

•Hat or visor

•Collapsible cooler.

•A bathing suit and cover up for everyday of the week.

•Copy of passports, license, travel documents, etc.

•And a positive attitude.

HAPPY TRAVELS!!!

8. Re: i'm going on thursday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 05:19