We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewel runaway bay

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,033 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Jewel runaway bay

I have never been to Jamaica and this property and sunset are similarly priced. Can some tell me pros and cons? Food is my 1 concern as my 7 year old is celiac and needs to eat gluten free, will it be a issue at this resort?

Long Island,NY
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewel runaway bay

I don't think you'll have any problem with special diet request at JRB. I stayed at there sister hotel JDR and since I'm diabetic they had me meet with the chef. Everyday they made me special sugar free desert and kept them it a special spot in kitchen. No matter which restaurant I ate at the would bring me my special desert. all I had to do was give them my room number. They did tell me cater to celiac diets also.

You won't find more catering staff at any hotel ,at any price. They know how to make you feel special.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,033 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewel runaway bay

awesome to hear!

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jewel runaway bay

Ask to speak to the head chef as soon as you check in. They should have no problem helping you with this.

Long Island,NY
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Jewel runaway bay

lin7604, JRB Gm (rasbrat) is generally monitoring this and will probably tell you who to email about 1 week prior to your arival so they can be prepared to make your child's special meals. Sunset Grand's beach in no way compares to the JRB nor does there staff.

Edited: 05 November 2013, 01:06
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,033 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jewel runaway bay

thx everyone. we are more pool people and the pool seems nicer at jewel but food is our 1st consideration over anything. the last thing you need is a hungry tired whiny child to ruin your trip, right..... especially when we have a bit of control of where we book to help that situation...

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,862 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jewel runaway bay

We put you with our chef when you arrive and he will get your dining schedule and needs. We have in our stored Gluten free flour that we do pizzas and other dishes. This is not new to us.

I hope that helps.

Scott from JRB

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,033 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jewel runaway bay

Awesome to hear, thank u so much!!!!!

8. Re: Jewel runaway bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2014, 06:18