We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oceanfront Cottage - Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

Manchester
Level Contributor
27 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Oceanfront Cottage - Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

I am looking to book the Royal Decameron Club Caribbean online through Firstchoice in the UK. Can anyone please confirm that the online description of cottage with "sea view" is in fact the "ocean front cottage" ?

I have rang firstchoice, but their so called expert had no clue.

Are there several room types with sea view or are they one and the same ?

thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oceanfront Cottage - Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

Hi

This is the description of our room, which was a room upgrade to the sea view through Thomsons

Cottage style room With Private Bath Shower WC Balcony Sea View Cot Space Air Conditioning

2 Adults

If you choose the upgrade option, then it most likely is!

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oceanfront Cottage - Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

Based on the categories from brochures for other travel companies, sea view rooms at RDCC were 2nd and 3rd row rooms from the sea. Unless it says ocean/sea front, I would assume it to be same.

London, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oceanfront Cottage - Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

its hard to see - have you tried looking at the Thomsons website? I paid £448 for the upgrade to the sea view rooms - Is the upgrade around that price? If so then it must be an ocean front

London, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oceanfront Cottage - Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

Just had a look - the cottage style rooms with sea views are the beach front ones. The other ones are called just cottage style rooms

Edited: 05 January 2014, 22:00
Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
533 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oceanfront Cottage - Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

We've upgraded our booking (through Thomson) for April to a "Sea View" cottage on the understanding that this will be Ocean Front. I shall be miffed to say the least if we arrive and find that this is not the case!

Edited: 05 January 2014, 22:01
Manchester
Level Contributor
27 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oceanfront Cottage - Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

Kellie M... These were my initial thoughts, upgrade with firstchoice to "sea view" is £392 so probably the same upgrade. but just wanted to be sure rather than have to deal with massive disappointment once we arrive.

Exactly my point JaneH....

I've also emailed RDCC and firstchoice and will post any response i get.

thanks guys :-)

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
533 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oceanfront Cottage - Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

I''ve been trying to mail RDCC as we want to request a cottage away from the noisier areas. One of the mail addresses given on this forum bounces as "Undeliverable" - and I'm waiting to see if we get a response fom the other. I'll post if/when I get a reply.

London, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oceanfront Cottage - Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

When are you going Jane?

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oceanfront Cottage - Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

Go to their sister resort in Montego Bay. 99% of all the rooms there are ocean view. And there is more to do off the resort.

We got an ocean front cottage when we stayed there, but we went on a transfer from RDMB.

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
533 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oceanfront Cottage - Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

111 days to go - and counting! (So still plenty of time to make contact with RDCC.)