We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question about tours

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
128 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
question about tours

I have looked over the list of all the different tours available. We would like to go to the Appleton Estate but not to YS falls as we would prefer to do the Dunns River falls. Are we best to just hire a driver and set up a schedule for the different things we want to do? I see there is a list of recommended drivers here in the forum. Do the drivers tell you about things you are going by etc like you would get on a bus tour? Also has anyone gone on the catamaran cruise? I am wondering if it is rough and we might need gravol or something.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
590 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: question about tours

Hi I personally would hire a driver.....with one you are not on a schedule. Always negotiate a price before and make sure it is a red plated vehicle. What hotel you staying at.

United States
Level Contributor
11,829 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: question about tours

"Do the drivers tell you about things you are going by etc like you would get on a bus tour?"

It depends on the specific driver you use. In most cases yes you will be told about all the sights along the way by your driver.

"Also has anyone gone on the catamaran cruise?"

I have done it multiple times.

"I am wondering if it is rough and we might need gravol or something."

It all depends on the weather and currents. I advise booking close to the departure so you can determine the weather. Storms, high winds, and strong currents can make it rough one day and smooth the next.

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: question about tours

@Mom, Depending on where you are staying, it might be remiss of you to go to the South Coast and not do YS Falls. This a waterfall like Dunn's River ......yes, much much less commercial.

Check out www.jamaicaxplored.com see if that helps.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,230 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: question about tours

We've been to both Dunn's River and YS Falls and much, much, much preferred the latter!

5. Re: question about tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 05:17